Keele Geneaology

Keele Geneaology

tts2010 (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2005 5:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2006 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Keele-Dobbins
Hi fellow researchers!
Has anyone found out about cherokee blood and from who on Keele line.
My Grgrandmother was Emma S Keele daughter of Mathias W. keele SR. Son of Fillmore keele.
She married Benjamin F Dobbins.
HELP!!
TN-MO-KS-VA

Re: Keele Geneaology

Joe Francis (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2005 12:01PM GMT
Hi Teresa,
I have some information about a Fillmore Keele born 1798. If this rings a bell, I would be glad to share what I have.
Good luck!
Joe Francis
Woodbury, TN

Charlotte (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2005 7:16PM GMT

Teresa, if you find any information re Cherokee blood or any other Native American blood in the Keele family, I would appreciate hearing about it.

My gg-grandmother was the daughter of a woman whose maiden name was Polly Keele (b. 1800 in Hawkins County, TN, parentage unknown). My gg-grandmother was said to be a very fine gardener. Her granddaughter said that when someone mentioned her fine gardening, my gg-grandmother would reply that it was because she was.... here, her granddaughter couldn't remember what she said, but she remembered that it was letters of the alphabet. A helpful person, replying to one of my postings, speculated that she had said N-D-N. Seems to make sense.

tadpolestreasure (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2008 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds, Keele, Vinson
My great aunt passed down a transcript of a letter written by Franklin Reynolds (s/o John Franklin Reynolds; s/o Silas Forest Reynolds; s/o Silas H Reynolds & Nancy Keele Reynolds) to his cousins (Mr. & Mrs. Forest Vinson) on 7 January 1971 that does touch on the subject of Cherokee blood. This letter (and my grandfather's "pet name" for HIS grandmother, i.e. "the squaw") have led our line of descendants to believe that Nancy Keele Reynolds was half Cherokee Indian.

I only recently inherited the files/information collected to date by my mother's family and am slowly wading through and trying to make sense of it all. Please feel free to email (tadpolestreasure@aol.com) me directly if you'd like to discuss further and/or would like details of what I have managed to digest so far. Kind regards, Mary

chadwickRoy1088 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2008 10:43AM GMT
Surnames: Chadwick,Coffelt,Keele,Langford,Lankford,Richmond,
Hi all,
I also have the Keele line connected to my Vaughn line from Coffee Co TN.My GGparents were Robert Vaughn son of TJ Vaughn,and Caroline unk last name. Robert married my GGmother Amy Jemmiah Coffelt,daughter of Jacob Coffelt,and Rhoda Keele. I believe,but not proven that Rhoda was the daughter of Rev? William Keele,and Lydia Richmond?.Anyone out there have any info on Rhoda. My Gmother I believe was named after her. Gmother's name was Rhoda Caroline Vaughn Lankford.

Roy Chadwick.

Haldane1929 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2008 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Bush Foster Loveland Coffman Williams Keele
I am looking for Arthur Keele 1700's in Maine. It's part of my Foster Lineage.

I have an old family picture of Quannah Parker, son of Cynthia Ann Parker, indian captive who married a chief ?name. The picutre was part of inheritance from my Grandmother, Allene Coffman Foster. The back of the picture says:
"To my great niece Ruby" Ruby Foster was my grandfather, James Thelmer Foster's sister. My great aunt... but I have nothing to prove that, although, because Keele is on my Coffman side of the family. No Rubys there except by marriage to my grandfather above mentioned. It may be that is the connection you are looking for... Pleasant Coffman ne John Coffman ne Robert Carl Coffman (my great grandfather)Foster's mother,(Maud Loveland), was supposedly part Cherokee. She looks it. I can scan a couple of pictures. James T. Foster, Sr.'s picture is on my research site, as well as, findagrave.com (Chester, Tyler Co. Texas). He has many indian attributes.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions