Search for content in message boards

Pa/NY Sticklers

Pa/NY Sticklers

nancyhm11 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2002 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Dec 2002 1:06AM GMT
Martin Stickler was born 1812 in Lancaster, Pa and settled in Thurston, NY where he died in 1878. His son George was killed in 1878 in a coalcar accident on the McIntyre Plane near Ralston, Pa. Need info on Martin's father and mother. Nancy Machuga

Re: Pa/NY Sticklers

SCDICKE (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2003 1:02PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2003 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Fisch Cohen Stickler
Looking for Ed stickler? m. to my grand mother Betty Fisch Cohen. b 1898-1902. Cohen was her 1st marriage. She had a son Sylvan Cohen. born in Manhatten, NY 1918
please contact me at scdicke@earthlink.net
Sarah in SC

whamm11 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: stickler
I do not have that info. at this time, but I am researching Sticklers in N.Y. and In P.A. My Great Grandpa and Great Grandma were Benjanin and Roda Jennie Stickler. They had Lucille, Rose, William, and Augustus. Rose is my grand mother. They were all born in N.Y and P.A. If you have any information on Benjamin and Roda's family can you send it my way. Thank you. Helen Earl

Nancy Machuga (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 6:41PM GMT
Hi!
I have lots of info on your line which, I think, was related to me very distantly. Your Sticklers settled "Sticklertown" between Big Flats and Caton, NY. Merrill Stickler gave me all his info on this branch and I will gladly share this with you. His mother did lots of research on this branch.
I am from the Martin Stickler who settled in Thurston, NY.
Email me directly at <nancyhm1@yahoo.com> so I can get your address as to where to mail all this Stickler info I have never been able to tie in exactly with my line. Nancy

Helen Earl (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 11:40PM GMT
I can't tell you how exited I am to find someone who not only may have info but may be related! I have found very little information myself but will gladly share what I do have. I have that Benjamin abd Roda Jennie stickler were married. Benjamin worked for the Briggs Brewer Co. Roda was born August 20th 1866 and died 12/9/1940. They had Lucille, who married a Frank Kohler and lived in Elmira N.Y. They also had William and Augustus. Augustus married Evelena .His Estimated date of birth is 1895 in N.Y.Also they had Rose who is my Grandma.She married Neil Mathews on December 16th, 1916.They had 5 children. Which I can give you all that info too if you would like it.

Posted: 10 Aug 2005 8:44PM GMT
Hi, again!!
I have found some news on the Sticklers and am getting a better picture of the whole gang.
In Pritchard Cemetery in Corning, NY there is an Effie Stickler, w/o John Stickler and she died May 2, 1835 at age 49 so she was born about 1786. They would be perfect as the parents of my Martin Stickler who was born in PA in 1812. I believe John and Effie came to NY circa 1820 and that John was a brother to the George Stickler who was here in 1790.
Pritchard Cemetery was moved when Bob Hooey built an apartment complex on the site. Some graves were moved by the families and a small portion still is nearby the original location. I will check to see if John and Effie are there. There is a young firl buried in Big Flats under the name F. E. Stickler and it should be Effie.
My great-grandmother was, evidently, named for her great-grandmother.
Also there are Gilbert and John Stickler, young children, buried in Pritchard Cemetery. John must have had 3 wives or 2 wives and a daughter-in-law as there are Effie, Harriett, and Lucinda all listed as wives of John. Nancy

keith (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 2:04AM GMT
My
grandmother was Agnes Stickler, there are Sticklers buried in campbell. I remeber my aunt and grandmother talkiing about family. I do remember the Name George being mentioned in conversations.

Posted: 10 Aug 2006 9:48AM GMT
Yes, Sticklers are buried in Riverside Cemetery and Hope Cemetery in Campbell, NY.
These Stickler, somehow, connect to the Sticklers of Corning and Big Flats. There was a George Stickler (Steakler) in 1820 Corning and I think he was the grandpappy of all who settled in this area.
The Campbell , NY Sticklers descend from Martin Stickler who was born 1812 in Lancaster, PA and died Nov. 1878 in Thurston, NY
Martin Stickler married Lucretia Griffin and they had a large family.
Agnes.....was she married to a Stickler or was that her maiden name?

keith (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 1:01PM GMT
Agnes's married a marshall, maiden name was Stickler. Her
father was Laffayette. Some of the family is buried in Campbell, Addison , Pulteney, and other surrounding towns.

Posted: 10 Aug 2006 1:48PM GMT
There are 2 Agnes Sticklers and that is why I needed to sort them out.
Yes, Agnes born circa 1895 was the d/o Lafayette Stickler who was the son of Stephen and Susan Stickler. I think this branch is buried in Riverside Cemetery, Campbell.
The other Agnes was born circa 1863 and was a sister-in-law to Oscar Stickler of Campbell.
These Sticklers are cousins to my line.
There were 2 George Sticklers both born about 1844. Mine died in 1878 in a coal car accident at Ralston, PA. The other was a cousin to him who served in the 107th NYV.
My George had 2 brothers who stayed in the Campbell area; Charles and Nathan.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions