Search for content in message boards

Butler, North Carolina

Butler, North Carolina

pholsten (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:32PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 12:06PM GMT
seeking any information about Butler families in North Carolina, particularly Western North Carolina, Burke County. Any info is greatly appreciated. Laura Catherine Giles b. July 6 1906, married J. Edward Butler ???

William BUTLER - NC > Western KY

garry l butler (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 5:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Mar 2009 4:42PM GMT
we are garry and shirley butler from murray ky age 47 and 42 my parents are robert and betty and grandpaerents was floyd and helen,my grandfather use to tell us that his grandparents moved here in the far western part of ky from somewhere in north carolina..my great grandfather was john and my great great grandfather was william butler

Re: James Edward Butler

Gena Butler (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 8:24PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2009 4:44PM GMT
the James Edward Butler I have listed was the son of William Butler, from Caswell County NC---most if not all of those Butlers, I believe lived in Caswell County and Alamance Country NC... This James Edward Butler married Sarah Ellen Shackleford. He was born Jan 12 1860. They went on to have 11 children. I believe James Edward is a fairly common name for that part of the Country... Email me please if you think I am close to who you are asking about...

Butlers of Western NC

KFCoffman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 2:03PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2001 10:45PM GMT
See my mother's message of 24 Nov 2000 on Obadiah Butler, father of Thomas, grandfather of Lacy (circa 1895-1933, my grandfather).
One of Lacy's brothers moved to Oklahoma and another to California, I think. My mother has more information on the family and would be happy to share information. Feel free to contact me at kim_coffman@yahoo.com.

N.C. Butlers

beanpicker08 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2001 8:18AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2002 4:12AM GMT
Looking for any Butler at all interested in adding a Butler to the NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS MEMORIAL.

Herman C. Butler was born and buried in Clinton, N.C.

He was a Deputy in Fayetteville, Cumberland Co., N.C. He was killed serving in the line of duty.

He had five children. His wife's surname was Matthis. Last known the family was living in Clinton or Fayetteville.

Need a death certificate, that can be obtained from the County Court House in Fayetteville, N.C.

My grgrandfather, William Garrison "Billy" Moore was killed in the same posse. We have what we need to honor my grgrandfather but would like to see Butler honored, also.

I live in another state as does my family members who are working on this.

Help please if you live in that area or know any of his descendants.....thanks...BCR

Re: Butler, North Carolina

bill butler (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 2:45AM GMT
I've been looking for info on 3 or 4 (not sure) butler
men from n. c. that moved to ky area and then on to mo.
One of the men W O Butler was my grand father and he had
either 2 or 3 brothers whose names i do not know.

W O married a woman by the name of Bailey and they had
3 boys and one girl Jack, Pete, Augie and Ida

Re: BUTLER in Western KY

bill butler (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2009 4:43PM GMT
Did Lloyd have twin brother Floyd?

steve butler (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2003 12:16AM GMT
My great grandfather James C. Butler (1862/1927) had a brother named William O. Butler and another brother named Thomas Butler. And sereral sisters. I would have to look up all the names.
We have tracked them through KY. TN. and back to NC.
Sounds like we may be researching the same family.
I have a JPG of James Butler taken about 1905. If you would like to see it just contact me.

bill butler (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2003 1:15AM GMT
Bingo, I think u are right. I would like any info you
might have on W.O. & his family

LindaGoff101 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2009 2:07AM GMT
I would like to see it. My grandfather was James Edgar Goff who married Jewel Butler, Wayne County NC. I am hung here in the Butler line. Any information would help.

Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions