Search for content in message boards

Langan Family help

Langan Family help

December Green (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2012 10:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Langan, Coffee, Collins, Kirby
I am looking for info on the Langan's from Ireland as well as Illinois. What I have so far is James Langan born in Ireland in June 1828,lived in Livingston wife Catherine Coffee, his son James Langan born Illinois, 1867 lived in Kankakee Co. wife Catherine Coffee, son Andrew Langan born abt 1902 Illinois wife Ruth, and his son Andrew Joseph Langan born 1925 in Illinois wife Rose Mary Kirby.
I am stuck here, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Re: Langan Family help

jlodygowski (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2012 11:36PM GMT
1880 Illinois census in Livingston County, shows James and wife Catherine with the following children: T.N. (Thomas) born in ILL. age 24, Mary Born ILL. age 21, she married a Hugh Mallaney or Mullaney, Katie born ILL. age 19 and James T. or H.born ILL.age 13. He was born April 18, 1867 and passed away July 26, 1929. His wife was Catherine Collins with her parents names Andrew Collins and Julia ? both born in Ireland. Both James Sr. and Jr. are buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery in Kankakee, ILL. I assume their spouses are there as well. Your James Sr. departed from Waterford Ireland and landed in N.Y. June 2, 1851 aboard the ship Ann Kenny. He was 24 at the time. Catherine was born in either New Jersey or N.Y. earlier census states New Jersey. 1900 census has them down as Gangham, no wonder you couldn't find them. Will try and hunt down a bit more....give me a little time. Good luck on your quest.

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 2:55AM GMT
Thank you for your help. I was starting to think maybe I had the wrong people.

jlodygowski (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:40PM GMT
Found a Andrew Langan death in Kankakee Nov. 19, 1945 so it's probable that it's Andrew Jr's father. Marriage date between Andrew Sr. and Ruth Robisho, note spelling, Nov. 26, 1924 in Kankakee, ILL. As far as I can tell Ruth was born in Chicago with her parents being Jacob Robisho born Canada and mother Gertrude D. Baule, she was born in St. Anne, ILL Dec. 31, 1874 and died Dec.17, 1938 in St. Anne which I think is in Kakakee County, her parents were Canadian. I think you have the rest of the info on your tree. In 1930 census, Gertrude/Gertie was a servant and there is a Langan working with her. Odds are that this is your Langan and Robisho's. Good luck!

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 4:22AM GMT
Thank you again so so much! You have been a great help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions