Search for content in message boards

Levi Hoskins and wife Sarah Elizabeth Brock of Harlan, Co.KY

Levi Hoskins and wife Sarah Elizabeth Brock of Harlan, Co.KY

usasearch (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2011 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoskins, Brock
Who are the parents of Levi? Some say Josiah and Sarah; that doesn't work. Yes, Josiah has a Levi with him in 1850 Harlan, B 1826, but there is another Levi ae 24 and wife Sarah E. Hoskins ae 17 in a household alone in Dist. 2 in Harlan 1850 Census. This couple should be Levi who married Sara Elizabeth Brock. Maybe by looking at Levi's childrens' names, we can get an answer. James Ransom, Jefferson C, William, Hiram, Mary J, Solomon L., Caroline, John M, Palestine, and Lemech? The name Hiram pops out at me. Could he be Levi's father since there is a Hiram in Harlan Co.? Levi died in 1914 in Owsley Co.,KY but his parents' names were not listed on his death certificate. I am open to any suggestions, or documention on these people. Thanks Paula

Re: Levi Hoskins and wife Sarah Elizabeth Brock of Harlan, Co.KY

usasearch (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2011 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Hoskins, Brock
I should have mentioned that Sarah Eliz. Brock's father James Brock is listed Dist. #l Harlan, with no Sarah with him. The records indicate that Levi Hoskins is not a son of Josiah. Paula

Re: Levi Hoskins and wife Sarah Elizabeth Brock of Harlan, Co.KY

lahoskins_2000 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2012 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Hoskins/Burns
I found last night that Levi Hoskins was married to Sara Burns. I am related to their son Hiram Hoskins. Saras parents were Isaac and Rebecca Burns.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions