Search for content in message boards

Brittain

Brittain

Joyce Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brittain, Price, King, Posey
I am a Brittain descendent and I am looking for Brittain related people. The names are: King,Posey,Price of Knox Co.Ky. I descend from Parks Brittain and he had siblings named Levi, George, William , Mary.

BRITAIN

joycecollins (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: BRITAIN, BRITTAIN
Hello,

I have no known relationship to the BRITAIN family but thought you might like this. It is from the 1850 Knox Co. KY Census Book. Living at Dwelling 794-809 is:

BRITAIN, Archibald, 37, Farmer, KY
. . . Martha A., 31, VA
. . . Louisa, 10, KY
. . . Parks, 8, KY
. . . Nathaniel, 5, KY
. . . James, 3, KY

At DWELLING 810-825 is:
SEVIER, Alexander, 34, Farmer, TN
. . . America, 32, KY
BRITAIN, Nancy, 70, SC
ELLIOTT, William L., 11, KY

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA
E-mail: joycecollins@compuserve.com

Nathaniel Brittains descendants

Willis A. Hickey (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BRITTAIN
I am a descendant of Gen. George Brittain. I have Nathaniels children listed as George, Levi, Mary, Parks, Nathaniel Jr. and James B. I do not list William. My info is not near complete.
I would like information on Levi Brittain Descendants.

Nathaniel Brittains father

jshephe2 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2002 2:58AM GMT
Surnames: Brittain
Nathaniel Brittains father James, was born 1709 in Wales and died 10-17-1776 while seerving as a Private in the 8th Virginia Regiment of the Revolutionary War. He settled first in Virginia, then moved to Greensboro,NC. He arrived in America oon 9-26-1723 with his brother Isaac. His children were: Nathaniel,Joseph,Benjamin,James,William,Enoch,Samuel and Ward. All seven of James sons served in the Revolutionary War.

Nathaniel Brittain

jshephe2 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2002 2:58AM GMT
Nathaniel Brittain was born in 1740, the son of James Brittain. He married Elizabeth Parks. Their children,George 1768-1848,James-1763,Levi-1769,Parks 1771-1846,William and Mary. Nathaniel was a revolutionary war veteran and is buried in the Brittains Cemetary at smith,Ky.

Britton Cemetery

Posted: 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks for your response to the Britton Cemetery. The cemetery I refer to is in Harlan County at Smith, KY. I visited there the Saturday before the 4th of July this year.
I would be interested in attending the Brittain Reunion at the park. I would like to know more about the descendants of Levi. James Brittain changed the spelling to Britton, at least I think it was him. Most of his descendants live in VA at this time around Rose Hill and Ewing. A grand son Bill. lives at Smith, KY and he is 89 years young.

Brittain Cemetery

J. Middleton (View posts)
You refer to the Brittain Cemetery at Smith, Ky. Is Smith in Knox County? I think that you are referring to the Brittain Cemetery at Smokey in Knox County, Kentucky. Smokey is just a few miles out of Barbourville on Route 6. The Brittain Cemetery is on the right side of the road running up a sharp hillside. Also, do you know that the Briitains have an annual family reunion at Dr. Thomas Walker Park, Barbourville, Ky. the first Sat. in July.

Britton Cemetery

The Britton Cemetery at Smith, KY was cleared sometime just before 1870. An Indian named Hank Bowman worked for James Britton (James changed the spelling of Brittain) and helped to clear the hillside. He then ask if he could be buried there. The response was yes. He was the first person to be buried there in 1870. This is the reason that I think there is no Nathaniel Brittain Sr. buried there. He died Octobet 17, 1776.

Levi Brittain

Evelyn Huff (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BRITTAIN, HORTON, FORD, TOMLINSON, MIZE, LONGWELL, PARTEE, DANIELS
My mother was a gr-gr-granddaughter of Richard Horton Brittain who was born January 9, 1825 in Barboursville, Knox Co, KY. I would be happy to exchange information with you, so far as I have it. Richard Horton's grandfather was Levi Brittain who married Nancy Daniels. I would like more information on the Daniels line if you have it.

Thank you. Evelyn

Levi Britton

Al Hickey (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Britton, Moody
I am a descendant of George brother to Levi. I have lots of information on George, but I wanted to find out more about Levi. I have some information on the Moody Family that married George,son of Levi. I would like to know where Levi is buried.I do not have anything on the Daniels. I did know a John Daniels when I was small that said he was related to our family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions