Search for content in message boards

Mary IRELAND m. John HUTCHINSON - Massachusetts 1700's

Mary IRELAND m. John HUTCHINSON - Massachusetts 1700's

bbffrrpp (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2007 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ireland, Hutchinson, Baker, Fascitt, Frost, Homer, Crosby
Hello. I have just looked at this Board, and did a quick search and don't see the HUTCHINSON name mentioned. I'd like to ask if anyone is researching the family of
John HUTCHINSON and Mary IRELAND, from 1700's MA. They are one of my ancestors, and this is John's line:

George Hutchinson .. in Charlestown .. 1630's .. document mentions his son, Nathaniel.

Nathaniel Hutchinson (1633-1693)
Marr. to Sarah BAKER

Samuel Hutchinson (1672-1743)
Marr. to Sarah FASCITT

Thomas Hutchinson (1702-1784)
Marr. to Mary IRELAND

John Hutchinson (1745-1819)
Marr. to Sarah FROST

Thomas M. Hutchinson (1784-1863)
Marr. to Elizabeth Betsey HOMER

Jacob Homer Hutchinson (1818-1897)
Marr. to Eliza Ann CROSBY

Adelaide Crosby HUTCHINSON
was my great-great-grandmother !!

This is information I found last year, from a "history of Charlestown, MA."

Thomas (7). Brother of Samuel (6); cooper; m. Mary IRELAND, 1725 at Cambridge.

Issue: Thomas, b1731 (d1731), Thomas, b1733, Samuel, b1736/7, Mary, b1739/40, Nathaniel, b1745, John, b1747.

Will, 1771, pro. 1784, devised to son, Thomas, after death of widow; to Samuel, Nathaniel, and Mary; residue to John.

I am descended from the HUTCHINSON Farms in Winchester, MA (which was formerly Charlestown and Woburn, MA), and the HUTCHINSON's were in Winchester (with previous names) from mid-1600's to mid-1900's. I have heard from a lady who thinks she is descended from one of the HUTCHINSON
families in Winchester, and we are trying to find out which one !!

Thomas and Betsey (HOMER) HUTCHINSON only had 3 sons live to adulthood. Jacob and Eliza only had one son and one grandson. Thomas had one son who never married. John B. married and moved to Brooklyn, NY, with their 2 sisters and their husbands.

There is a great more information on the HUTCHINSON's who were descended from George HUTCHINSON, and his brother, Thomas HUTCHINSON (who died on ship when arriving), but there has never been a book or even a document published about them.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

Re: Mary IRELAND m. John HUTCHINSON - Massachusetts 1700's

bbffrrpp (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2007 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Ireland, Hutchinson, Frost
Hi again. OOPS ! I was typing from memory and should have checked my notes which are right in front of me !

Mary IRELAND was born in Cambridge, MA, right around 1700. In 1725 in Cambridge, she married ..Thomas.. HUTCHINSON.

One history book says their children were:
Thomas, b1731 (d1731), Thomas, b1733, Samuel, b1736/7, Mary, b1739/40, Nathaniel, b1745, and John, b1747.

I am descended from their son, John HUTCHINSON. John married Sarah FROST.

These families lived in Winchester, MA, or neighboring towns, like Cambridge, in the part which later became Arlington, MA.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

bbffrrpp (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2011 9:52AM GMT
Surnames: Ireland, Hutchinson
Hello,

I haven't thought about this couple in several years, but, since so much more data is available at www.familysearch.org now, I just searched Mary's name. And I find this possible birth for her:

Name: Mary Ireland
Baptism/Christening Date: 08 Feb 1707
Baptism/Christening Place: CAMBRIDGE,MIDDLESEX,MASSACHUSETTS
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Abraham Ireland
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name:

I know she was born in Cambridge. A year later there was a Mary IRELAND born in Boston, with a father, John IRELAND.

This was her marriage record:

Groom's Name: Thomas Hutckinson
Groom's Birth Date:
Groom's Birthplace:
Groom's Age:
Bride's Name: Mary Ireland
Bride's Birth Date:
Bride's Birthplace:
Bride's Age:
Marriage Date: 18 Aug 1725
Marriage Place: Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Groom's Father's Name:
Groom's Mother's Name:
Bride's Father's Name:

.. I don't remember if I have the information on Abraham IRELAND and his wife. I'll check the archives of the Boards and List. Don't forget the Boards at www.genforum.com There is a lot of good information on that site.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

bbffrrpp (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2013 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Ireland, Hutchinson, Durrant, Duren
Hello,

I was looking at the IRELAND ancestors this morning, so I can offer the information which other researchers have posted:

They have Mary, b~1708/09 in Cambridge, MA, with parents: Abraham IRELAND and Abigail DURRANT / DUREN. They had many children and lived in Woburn, MA.

Then this Abraham was b1672 in Boston, and he was the son of William IRELAND and Abigail GREENLAND, who was probably his 2nd wife. They were in Boston, but later were in "Rumney Marsh" which became Chelsea, MA. I believe he was the patriarch of this line.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 12 yrs.; now an Admin for 10 Lists and 5 Boards)

Carol Thatcher (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2013 11:13PM GMT
I am looking for a Margaret Ireland born right around the same time, possibly a sister. Any info would be appreciated. I have no info or dates. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions