Search for content in message boards

George Pate of Washington Co, IL

George Pate of Washington Co, IL

ctolley1 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 4:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pate
Hello,

I am looking for any information on George W(Washington?) Pate. I know he was a in Washington Co in the 1830 census. There were two adult males, one age 20-30, and the other age 60-70, living in this household. In this same census are a Matthew and a Lewis Pate. I am not sure about the 1840 census, but by 1850, Geo is no longer in Washington Co.

I also know that George W was in Captain James Burns Company of Illinois which fought in the Black Hawk War in 1832. There was also a Jeremiah Pate of Beardstown.

If anyone knows anything about these Pates, I would appreciate hearing.
Thanks for any reply.

Carol

Re: George Pate of Washington Co, IL

ldrshpdsl (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2006 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Pate-Munson
Carol:

Here are two places for you to look for information:
1. Go to the Webconnect and search for william pate--look for the GEDCOM info from lunar7. From the census info I have poured over, I think she has it right.

2. Also, search for Jinx Pate Lee, she has a great website for Pate.

3. Another area to look at is the White genealogy--they lived in Ashley and Nashville, IL during that period and intermarried with the Pates.

4. If you want to find out who William's father is, George W. or Matthew, write to the State of Illinois for his Army enlistment papers, I understand that informaiton is listed on them. The State of IL has a great genealogy website--might want to peruse it. They are always adding information.

I am ldrshp7, however my gedcom is currently being updated.
Oh, why do I know this info--William Pate is my
gr-gr-grandfather who married Emily Watts in Mt Vernon, IL, 1850. I have visited the graveyards there-interesting.

Email me at nov8tr_dsl@msn.com and I can send you some additional information--I have a picture of William and his two daughters (Mary Lucinda was my grandfather's mother--married Loran Munson in Denton, TX). Many Pate cousins still reside there.

Dr. Gene Munson
Attachments:

ctolley1 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2007 7:03PM GMT
Dr Gene
Thanks for all this information. I am sorry for my delayed response. Those darned old computer problems have kept me off the machine.

I am interested in George Washington Pate because my Jesse Pate - named a son George Washington Pate. Jesse was born abt 1814 in NC. He died in IA, but I have traced him to Macon Co, IL where many Pates resided.

I found George W along with a Jeremiah Pate with regard to their service in the Black Hawk War.

Carol

nov8tr (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2007 9:01PM GMT
Go to the State of Illinois website, request an elistment document for him and see what information is available.

ctolley1 (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2007 3:41PM GMT
Gene

Thanks again for the info and suggestions for Geo W Pate. I have ordered from the Illinois Archives before and that is a good suggestion. He is listed as a member of J Burns Co and I will see what I get.

Thanks!

Carol

SybilMunson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2007 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: Munson-Pate
Dr. Gene Munson
I have recently begun the geneology on my husbands family-he is David J Munson, son of Clifford Loran Munson, who is the son of William Edgar/Edger, son of Loran T-and so forth. There is also a connection to the Pates via Mary Lucinda Pate. To get to the point, I have great confusion in that I find a Walter Edgar and a William Edgar both, seemingly used interchangably. Do you have a suggestion for a new person on how to determine accuracy, given that I do not yet have a lot of documentation? Another fine gentleman on the board has been very helpful, and suggested I contact you. Also, I can find no information on Edgar's first wife, Bertha COle. Have you any information? Thanks so much for ANY assistance you can give this newbie! Sybil Munson

jfleye (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 8:26PM GMT
GEORGE, LEWIS AND MATTHEW ARE BROTHERS AND SONS OF MATTHEW(MATHEW) PATE. JAMES BURNS WAS THE BROTHER OF WILLIAM BURNS M.D. OF WASHINGTON,COUNTY, ILLINOIS. JEREMIAH DOES NOT APPEAR IN ANY OF MY RECORDS.
JOHN TAYLOR(GREAT GRANDSON OF MATHEW PATE.

CarolArlene47 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Pate, Edwards
Would you believe I am still looking for a connection for my Jesse Pate! He married Loucretia Pate in Macon Co in 1836. Her line I have, but his stops with Jesse. Darn!

I am still looking for his father and hoped there was a naming pattern involved which might lead me to them. Son, George Washington Pate and daughter Lorinda Pate. Darn again!

Thanks for your reply.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions