Search for content in message boards

Christian Stineman, Sr., d. 1816, Indiana County

Christian Stineman, Sr., d. 1816, Indiana County

PWinthurst7252 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Dec 2001 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Stineman, Steinman
Wanting to correspond with descendants of Christian and Sarah Stineman who died in 1816 and 1820, respectively, in Indiana County. Christian was a tailor, and moved from Bedford County to join his son Christian, Jr. in ca. 1814. Known to have left children: Christian, Jr., d. ca. 1841, Indiana County; Jacob, d. 1853, Cambria County; Eve Stineman Wissinger, d. 1863, Cambria County; Philip, d. 1817, Indiana County. There were also several other daughters in the family - would like to identify them. Probate did not name them. Also would like to exchange information with descendants of Philip Stineman, who died in 1817, leaving wife Margaret, sons Jacob and Christopher (or Christian), and daughters Sarah and Elizabeth, and a male child yet unborn at his time of his death. Any help out there?

Christian Frederick Stineman, Sr.

PWinthurst7252 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2001 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Stineman, Steinman
Judy, Your Amanda Stineman, b. ca. 1866, was the daughter of Philip Stineman and his wife Catherine Berkebile. She was one of at least 7 children born to the couple. Philip died in 1886 and Catherine in 1888. Philip's father was Jacob Stineman, Sr. (ca.1775-1853) and his wife Elizabeth Ling, and his grandfather was Christian Frederick Stineman (ca. 1752-1816) of Indiana County, Pennsylvania. If you can fill me in on Amanda and Tobias forward, I will fill you in on Amanda back 3 to 5 generations. Please contact me at my e-mail address: phylwint@gateway.net

Stineman

jldouglas33 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2001 11:41AM GMT
Surnames: Stineman, Roddy
I have Amanda Stineman, m. 23 June 1885, Johnstown, Cambria Co, PA, Tobias Roddy. No further info. Don't know if or where she might fit in.

Stineman - Indiana County, PA.

larie26 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2001 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Stineman, Marks, Hull, Halderman Holderman
Possibly could be an ancestor of the Stinemans. I do not have much information on them.

My grandmother Ruby Eula Marks born Nov. 3, 1896 Clinton, MO died Oct. 31, 1944. Her parents were Michael Milton Marks born June 1817 PA died June 15, 1888 he married abt 1841 to Nancy Stineman ca 1820 in Lancaster County, PA died June 16, 1858, Audrian County, MO. Nancy's father was Christopher Stineman and Layle Hull. Christopher's father was Christian Stineman and Sara Halderman/Holderman. Christopher & Christian Stineman I was told were born or lived in Indiana County, PA.

Michael Marks and Nancy Stineman had 9 children. Sylvester (where born unknown), John Milton Marks (PA), Emery Emmitt Marks (PA), Winfield Scott Marks (Indiana County, PA) Aurelia Marks (PA), Cindonia Marks (PA), Nancy Marks (Missouri), and Millard Fillmore Marks and William Marks (Audrain Co, Missouri).

Please let me know if these Stineman's connect in any way?

Ruby Eula Marks

larie26 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2001 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Marks, Stineman, Woodyard, Holderman
Yes, I'm sorry. Right away I found out that I made that mistake. I knew better. Ruby Eula Marks parents were Emery Emmett Marks born Indiana County, PA. and died in Clinton, MO. He married Martha Ann Elizabeth Jane Woodyard. Mattie died and was buried in New Orleans. Ruby Eula Marks also died here. It has only been about six months I have been working on the Marks line since one of my Aunts died. Ruby Baum would work on it all the time traveling all over the U.S. Now I am working on it with my Aunt Gloria. I am still going through many papers that were given to me. I have seen the Wissinger name in some of the papers I have.

When I get my papers together I will send you a copy if you would like (on the Marks). I am still fumbling with the Stineman's. I do have some papers of I think family that my two aunts were in contact with for years. The last informative letters were dated in the early 90's. Do you have any up to date info on the Stineman's and family? Especially pedigree chart. I do not have any other info past Christian Stineman, and his wife Sara Holderman.
For Christopher Stineman's wife Catherine I think her father is Martin Loy.

If you wish you may contact me at ltedesco@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
Larie Tedesco

Ruby Eula Marks

AWissinger2000 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: STINEMAN, MARKS, WISSINGER
Hi Larie:

On your posting to the Indiana County Querries Board, you have Ruby Eula Marks listed as the daughter of Michael Marks and Nancy Stineman and her date of birth in 1896. This birth is after both of the listed parents died. I assume that Ruby is the daughter of one of Michael and Nancy's children, perhaps John Milton Marks. I am descended from Eve Stineman and John Wissinger. Please let me know who Ruby's parents were.

Best Wishes
Al Wissinger
San Diego

Stineman

Susan Stineman Bernecky (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stineman
Larie

Here is some information that might help you on the stineman side. I hope I have it straight.
Christian Frederick Steinman (stineman)
b: Nov. 11, 1711 Dresden Saxony d:Dec. 12, 1760 Litiz Lancaster, Pa.
Married:Anna Regina Rosin
b: Nov. 24, 1717 Erfurt Saxony d: May 13, 1783 Lancaster Pa.

Their children:
Christian Frederick Stineman
b: abt 1751 d: 1816
Married: Sarah Holderman d: 1820

their children: Christian Frederick (Christopher)

d: 1841 Indiana, Pa

Jacob

b:1775 d:1853

Married: Elizabeth Ling

Eve

b:abt 1789 d:1863

Married: John Wissinger

Phillip

b: d:1817

Married: Margaret

John Frederick Steinman
b:1752 d:1823
Married: Sybilla Margaretha Mayer

their children:

George Michael

Anna Maria

Rebecca Regina

Susana Juliana

Sybilla Amellia

John Frederick

That is the first part of the family.....My family is under Jacob Stineman , I have been able to peice together a pretty good tree for the stineman side If you want a copy let me know and I will send you what I have.

The only thing that I got confused with is Philip also has a son named chistopher(christian) it is unclear what name he went by.

Did Christian Frederick also go by Christopher or was it Christopher to begin with .

Susan Stineman Bernecky

Re: Stineman

patriciagreathouse (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 10:48PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 11:14PM GMT
Surnames: Stineman, Straley
My great grandmother was a daughter of Jacob Stineman. Her name was Leah Stineman. I can supply you with information on her family. If you have any information, I would appreciate any and all information. My grandmother was Mila May Stineman born out of wedlock to Leah 12 Aug. 1867. Thanks. My email is lpatg@earthlink.net.

Leah Greathouse / Joseph Wood - Wabash County,IL parents of Ira WOOD who m. Rubina KEEN

LMosley8716 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2002 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2002 1:24AM GMT
Hello Pat,
I am just getting started on the Greathouse family.This is info that my mother has (she is 91).

My GGG Grandfather was Joseph Wood who m. Leah Greathouse. Leah's father was Enoch Greathouse, who came to Illinois in 1803.

Their son was Ira Wood. Ira was born 6-21-1824. He died 5-15-1875 in Wabash County, IL. He m. Rubina Keen b. 11-23-1826. Rubina was the dau. of Ira Keen and Eleanor Jordan. My father was a Wood - Great grandson of Ira and Rubina.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? Since you posted on the Greathouse board and Leah is an unusual name..I thought there might be a connection.

Linda Mosley

Re: Stineman

MargaretCheney (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2013 1:00AM GMT
John Frederick Steinman
b:1752 d:1823
Married: Sybilla Margaretha Mayer

You have this person listed as a child of Christian Frederick Stineman and Sarah Holderman. Based on the dates of birth and death, it is more likely that John Frederick is a brother of Christian Frederick.

My husband is descended from Jacob Stineman and Elizabeth Ling.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions