Posted: 31 Jul 2000 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 12:23AM GMT

Re: Caselton Brooks

broshire (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2004 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Apr 2006 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks
I'm confused about this family, too. Castleton Brooks was either 1) a son of John Brooks and an unknown spouse or 2) a son of Thomas Brooks and wife Mary. These people apparently originated in Brunswick County, Virginia. Possible siblings for Castleton are: an unknown female Brooks who married Samuel Wilson (my ancestors), another John Brooks, Thomas Brooks married to Mary (or perhaps he was the father and not a son), Leah Brooks born 1747 married Robert Kyle, and Littleton Brooks born 1758 who married Elizabeth Wallen. All these people ended up in Hawkins County, Tennessee.

Sure would like to know how the family sorts out -- the big question seems to be whether it ws Thomas who fathered Miss Brooks (who married Samuel Wilson), John Brooks, Leah Brooks, Castleton Brooks, and Littleton Brooks.

beiler (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2007 9:37PM GMT
I'm researching Brooks of Hawkins County. Found this so far. Thomas Brooks 1724-1765 m. Mary. They had
Leah b. 1746
Castleton b. 1749 m. Elizabeth Kincannon
John b. 1752
Littleton b. 1754
Thomas b. 1760 m. Catherine ?
Castleton was killed in Indian raid 1777 during Rev. War. Thomas & Littleton also served & are listed as pensioners in the 1840 Hawkins Co. census. Thomas also allegedly rec'd land grant of 400 acres in what is now Hawkins Co. All were from Brunswick Co., VA

ASHALLOCK (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2007 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks
I have found several more things about Caselton Brooks while researching other lines of my family and he was an interesting fellow. Thank you for his siblings and where hhe was from.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions