Search for content in message boards

The Parents & wife of Tunis / Teunis Quick – who died 1809 in KY

The Parents & wife of Tunis / Teunis Quick – who died 1809 in KY

DJMKY (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2012 9:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Quick , Winkler
I have posted the Will of Teunis Quick who died in 1809. This Will is in Estill County, KY NOT Hunterdon County, New Jersey !

Teunis Quick came to Kentucky from North Carolina .

This is NOT the Teunis Quick who died in Hunterdon County, New Jersey .

This Teunis is NOT the son of Petrus Quick also of New Jersey .

I have posted the Will of Teunis Quick of Hunterdon Co, New Jersey who was indeed the son of Petrus Quick.

My Tunis or Teunis Quick who died in Estill County, KY was married to a woman name Mary , but she was NOT the daughter of Adam Winkler of North Carolina .

I have posted a Will for Adam Winkler , although he did have a daughter named Mary , she married a man with the last name of Faught or Faughts.

There is no Mary Quick in his Will…

Re: The Parents & wife of Tunis / Teunis Quick – who died 1809 in KY

darrylmjones (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2013 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Quick, Benton
Hi,

I believe the Teunis Quick that died in Estill, KY is my gggg-grandfather. My ggg-grandmother was Phoebe Quick Benton, wife of Jesse Benton. They had a son named Richard Teunis Benton. I'd like to see the will.

A check of findagrave.com will show there were a LOT of men named Tunis Quick! I have little doubt all are related.

DJMKY (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2013 2:37AM GMT
The will of Tuenis Quick of NJ is posted on my site here on ancestry.com ... My site is not private , anyone can see the info

The Will of my Tunis Quick who died in Estill County , KY is also posted there ...

darrylmjones (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2013 3:41AM GMT
I found the Estill Cty will in your tree. Thanks! I see no mention of the names of the wife or children, unfortunately. Location & her son makes me believe it is indeed Phoebe's father. I strongly suspect he is tied to the NJ Quicks, even if he is not the son of Petrus of NJ. I have seen Quicks in NC and see a Tunis Quick in Rowan NC in 1790. Looks like a wife, 3 boys, 4 girls.

I'd appreciate any more information. There is a Tunis Quick in Madison, KY in the 1800 tax lists. I cannot count the family members I have found in Madison and Rowan.

I made the mistake of assuming a name like Teunis or Tunis Quick was very unusual, and there were many. It sounds like you have some more info on the Winkler family that sounds like this is a different Mary.

I find a Mary Quick in Ravenna, Estill, KY, on 7 Aug 1820, over 45 with a female 10-15 years old. Widow of Tunis? Not clear.

Very interesting! Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions