Search for content in message boards

Chief Richard Taylor

Chief Richard Taylor

DanielEaton3162 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Townsend
I am looking for any information on Chief Richard Taylor. According to published reports, "Anna Taylor was half-Cherokee Indian. Anna Taylor's mother, Ruthy, was abducted from a corn field by Cherokee Indian Chief Richard Taylor and taken to his camp in Red Clay, Tennessee. She had a child by him. While he was away on a hunt, Ruthy and her child Anna stole away. They lived on nuts and berries until they reached her home in Georgia. Ruthy's parents arranged a marriage and a wedding supper for their daughter and the Indian who abducted her, but he did not show up." Any help would be appreciated.

Chief Richard Taylor

SFLynn442 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 5:27AM GMT
Surnames: Townsend, Dooley, Powell, McKee, Hamilton
Anna Taylor Townsend, wife of Edward Townsend, is in my family line also. I had her parents listed as Chief Taylor and Ruthie from family info, but have never heard abduction story. Would love to know more. Is this history recorded anywhere and do you know Ruthie's surname?

Richard Taylor

DanielEaton3162 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 2:36AM GMT
The daughter, Anna, was born April 30, 1796

richard taylor

Slawrence2894 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 2:04PM GMT
chief richard taylor :what time frame did this event happen ? birthdate etc.

:Re; Chief Richard Taylor

Snowtop (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR>WEST>TOWNSEND
I too am searching for information on Chief Fox Richard Taylor& Ruthe West. The child they had, Anna Taylor, married Edward Townsend Sr. They were my GGGG Grandparents.Any information appreciated. Thanks, Ona

Re: Chief Richard Taylor

Snowtop (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR>WEST>TOWNSEND
I too want more information on Chief Richard Taylor & Ruthe WEST Ruthe was abducted by the Indians. She had a child, Anna TAYLOR by Chief (Fox) Richard Taylor. After they escaped, Anna TAYLOR married Edward TOWNSEND SR. They were my GGGG Grandparents. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Ona

Leila Taylor McAlister (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2002 4:13AM GMT
Sorry, I can't help you. I decend from Jeremiah & Leah Taylor, that's as far back as I have been able to go. They were from Habersham Co. Ga. My Mother's brother married Villa Allen Townsend near Rome Ga. but I don't know anything about her family except she had a brother called Jay Townsend.

stormdancer18 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2003 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Townsend, Pugh
What are the dates on Edward Townsend? Do you have a middle name for him? We have an Edward Dewey Townsend, Sr., who was married before he married our GGM. The first wife and children were killed by some indians for something Edward did, so he went and got a Cherokee girl and she never saw her family, after that. He and Dora had 4 sons and a daughter, born about 1910 and later.

SueLynn46 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2003 10:11PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2003 4:16AM GMT
I think this is different Edward Townsend. Mine died in 1850's.
Sorry.

christy (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2003 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Townsend, Pugh, Moorhead, Dupuis
Sounds like it. Might have been related somewhere further back but common names. Thanks & good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions