Search for content in message boards

Joseph Anthony Harroun - WWII vet

Joseph Anthony Harroun - WWII vet

Dave Tooley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2001 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching a group of men who graduated from the Kirtland Air Base bombardier class 42-13 on September 29, 1942 with my uncle. Joseph was one of these graduates. I would like to make contact with anyone who has information on him. I also have a photo of one half of the class.
Thanks. Dave

Re: Joseph Anthony Harroun - WWII vet

Lorie Choler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 1:50AM GMT
Joseph Anthony Harroun, born Nov. 11, 1919. Father, Anthony Edward, born St. Paul, Minn., in 1890. He attended the parochial schools of Minneapolis and the Minnesota College of Law. He was a practicing attorney in Minneapolis (1940). He m. Feb. 2, 1918, Mary Elizabeth Lydon of Duluth at the Cathedral in Duluth. Joseph Anthony had 3 siblings...
Bernard M. Oct 26, 1922, James Frances , Nov. 13, 1925 and Mary Elizabeth b. Oct 13, 1927.

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2002 2:47PM GMT
Lorie,
Thanks for your response. Some followup questions. Is Joseph still alive and can you put me in contact with him? Do you know anything about his military service? Units served with? # of missions flown? POW? etc.
Thanks!
Dave

Lorie (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2002 2:31AM GMT
No, sorry. I don't have anything past 1940. I will have to look around to see what I can find.

LORIE (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 2:48AM GMT
Let me know if this is any help
Mr. Joseph Harroun
Cargill
Research Building, AMI
2301 Crosby Road
Wayzata, MN 55391
Tel: 612-742-6476
I thought that the fact that his name is Joseph and the he lives in MN might be a lead.

rottonpeaches (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Harroun
Dave, Joe Harroun was my uncle. He is deceased. Died Jan. 25 1991 in South Dakota.

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2002 8:14PM GMT
I tried to reach you thru your email address with no luck. Can you provide me with your address here and I will get back to you? Or contact me direct using my address.
Thanks!
Dave

Lorie (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2002 2:26AM GMT
Please try again. My computer was down.
Lorie1s@aol.com

rgrady195 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2012 3:34PM GMT
I have a Duluth News Tribune article on him dated 6 August 1944 if you are interested. I am researching Duluthians who served during WWII and would appreciate any info/photos that you have of him.

Cheers, Al
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions