Search for content in message boards

Waybright/Weybright family

Waybright/Weybright family

palina18 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2006 3:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weybright Waybright
I have started researching my husband's family. Our last name is spelled Weybright. Does anyone know where the splitting of the last name occurred because I know they are related.

Re: Waybright/Weybright family

Patricia Saletore (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 2:07PM GMT
It was originally Weybrecht. You need to work back to get anywhere, but the lines I have worked on were from an ancestor that went to Virginia. Some stayed in PA. But even the lines I have in Pennsylvania won't help until you work back a little.

If you send me some info, I will try to help.

Pat
psaletore@sbcglobal.net

palina18 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 5:11PM GMT
Hi Pat!

Thank you for responding. OK This is the info i have. My husband's great x something grandfather was Cuthbert Hannibal Weybright born 1879 in Ohio. His parents were John Weybright (born 1854 in Ohio) and Angeline (?) (born 1865 in Ohio). They lived with John's mother Nancy (born 1819 in Ohio) in Miami County, Ohio. I have not yet found out John's father's name and have no idea how to start only been doing this a few weeks. Any hints or info you have would be great.

palina18 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 10:27PM GMT
I found a website and was able to trace his Weybright name back to Germany. The oldest ancestor I was able to trace was Hans Micheal Weybrecht married to Ottila Hefner. Their son was Georg Weybrecht born in 1619. I cannot find any records on Hans Micheal. So that is where I am now. If anyone has any information dated earlier than that it would be most appreciated.

Pat Saletore (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2006 2:26PM GMT
Yes, I know the couple, but I am away from home and don't have my data with me. I doubt I can go back farther than that. I might be able to fill in some details forward. Getting back before that point might be difficult. Email me if you want me to look more

Pat Saletore (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2006 2:42PM GMT
I am away from my data. I am hoping to be home tomorrow night. if you will email me, when I get home I will have a reminder and I will see what I can do. I suspect he is one from PA, but spelling changes a lot. I know other researchers as well, so hopefully we will sort it out.

margiecorealestate (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2007 9:01PM GMT
Greetings! I found your message on the message board regarding your relation to Cuthbert Weybright. I have some birthdates and lines for you, and a couple of photos of Cuthbert (Bert) and family. Cuthbert was the brother of my Great Grandfather Grover. We also are very close with the family of another brother, Absalom. Please respond to aj.jackson@cox.net as I am sending this from a restricted e-mail.

Regards,
AJ Jackson

Christina Werner (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2007 3:30PM GMT
I have the father of Hans Micheal (b. about 1595) listed has Leonhard but I do not have a mother listed. I have also heard (I dont know for sure) there was also a sister names Anna. I hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions