Search for content in message boards

Balthasar Claar grandfather of Johann Jacob Klahr, maybe?

Balthasar Claar grandfather of Johann Jacob Klahr, maybe?

Jack Klar (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2003 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klahr/Klar/Klaur/Clar/Claar
I posted this on Claar Mailing List, but thought that I might post it here to.

Balthasar Claar's first wife was unknown and had five children; Hans J. Casper, Heinrich, Joh. Peter, Rudolf H and Anna. My ancestor was Johann Jacob Klahr born ca1705 in Altersweil or Alltersweil, Switzerland to Casper Klahr/Klar and Unknown.

It is known that Casper had a brother Rudolf and Heinrich.

Information from the book by Rex O Matthews, " Johann Jacob Klahr of Grossbundenbach, Germany, and Berks County, Pennsylvania, and Some of his Descendants. A Heinrich Klar, no known connection died 26, January 1717 in Grossbundenbach, Germany, age 48, he was born in Allerswiel, Switzerland. Could this be Casper Klar's brother.

Rudolf Klar, born ca1702 in Allterswiel, Switzerland and died 24, June 1737. He married a Anna Catharina Bohm on 14, July 1733 in Grossbundenbach, Germany. They had two known children who both died young. Margaretha Elisabeth Klar, born 16, January 1735 and died 08, May 1737 and Eva Christina Anna Klar born 04, March 1737 and died 26, November 1748. Anna Catharina was the daughter of Hans Rauff Bohm, she married second to Peter Buschar.

Could my Klahr/Klar family fit into Balthasar's descendants.

Re: Balthasar Claar grandfather of Johann Jacob Klahr, maybe?

edwardklahr1955 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2013 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Klar/Klahr/Clar
It is known that Balthasar Clar was born 30, August 1646. Swiss Alps, Leutwil, Canton Bern, Switzerland and died 25, February 1702/1703. Mimbach Uber Blieskastel-Webenheim, Saar, Germany. He married Sara Zobrist on 22, January 1683 in Reformed Church, Seegen, Canton Aargan, Switzerland. Sara was born about 1648 and died in child birth about 1646. To this marriage was born Hans Jakob Clar, Johann Casper Clar, Heinrich Klar, Johann Peter Clar, Rudolf Hans Klar and Anna Clar. Balthasar married second on 14, Fanuary 1697/1698 in Mimbach, Webenheim, Saarland, Germany to Anna Elisabetha ( Elisabet ) Catharina Hussong Wolf. Anna was born in 1662 in Mimbach, Saarland, Germany and died in 1713 in Mimbach, Saarland, Germany. To this marriage was born Johann Jacob Clar and Maria Margaretha Clar. Johann Jacob Klahr, son of Johann Casper Clar, my ancestor came to America in 1752. Anna married first to Barthel Wolf, and had Elsabetha Barbara, Hans Jakob, Hans Casper, Christina, Johann Peter and Hans George Wolf.

emd1174 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2013 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Zobrist, Claar, Klahr
edwardklahr1955 -

You have that 'Sarah Zobrist was born about 1648 and
died in child birth about "1646".' Should that be 1696?

And Balthasar married his 2nd wife on 14 Fanuary. Would that be January or February. I don't want to assume.

Thank you so much for this information. What is your source please.

edwardklahr1955 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2013 2:39AM GMT
Information came from James A Mehring, a man in his 80's who has done research on the Klar/Klahr/Clar/Claar family, getting a lot of information from research from papers he has sent for from Switzerland and Germany. He has also had contact with a distant family member in Germany, who also has done research on the family. The name can be traced back to year 800 in Switzerland where it has undergone many spelling changes. Such as Von Glarus, Von Glaren and Von Glarer.

Erik Claar (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2013 8:34PM GMT
My name is Erik Claar and I have been collecting information on Claar's for a long time. How can I get in touch with you to discuss what you have found over the years?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions