Search for content in message boards

Letty Hooper

Letty Hooper

Jane Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 6:52PM GMT
I was given some information on a my gggg-grandfather Aquila Jones who married a Letty Hooper (March 20, 1770-December 28, 1826). I was given an extract from a estate document in regards to Aquila's father Benjamin Jones which stated that Letty's father was William Hooper. However, this same person who provided me with the extract also stated that Absolom Hooper (Abt. 1742-Abt. August 25, 1813) was her father. If any of this sounds familiar, please contact me at my e:mail address.

hooper moss

kay (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2000 8:21PM GMT
hello my 4grandmother was elizabeth betty
hooper married to william henry moss her
mother and father was absolom hooper wife was
sarah salers my name is kay
kadiddle53@aol.com

Absolom Hooper

Gwenda Hooper Waldroup (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2000 7:27PM GMT
Kay,
Do you have a list of Absolom's Children.
I have seen at least 2 different list with his children and some of the names and dates do not agree at all. I am looking for a list that is lagitmate and not fixed to suit whoever wants to be related to Absolom. Do you know if anyone has hard evidence as to exactually who his sons are?

HOOPER

KAY (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 3:30PM GMT
HI
NAME IS KAY
ALL I HAVE ON THEM IS ELIZABETH BETTY HOOPER
HER FATHER ABSOLOM HOOPER AND SARAH SALLERS
HER GRANDFATHER WAS I THANK DR.ENOS C HOOPER
AND THAT IS ALL I HAVE FOR RIGHT NOW.
KADIDDLE54@AOL.COM

Dr Enos C HOOPER

Gwenda (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2003 4:06AM GMT
Kay,
Dr. Enos C. Hooper was my ggg-grandfather. Some believe that Absolom and Sarah were his parents and then there are those who believe that a different Enos who was born in 1805 was Absolom's son, I have one family group record that was submitted that suggest that Sarah was born in 1777 and had a child (Eleanor) in 1780. Sounds like a mericale to me. Someone out there dosen't have their facts streight. I have always heard that Dr. Enos C. Hooper who was married to Magaret Harbison and not Matilda Burrell was the son of Absolom and Salina Hooper. There is another Absolom Hooper who moved to Tenn. and had a brother Enos (Ennis) but I haven't been able to find out anything about this family except that the dates are too far off for him to be Dr. Enos' father. Do you have any idea of where to get Absolom's millitary records. He was an Indian Agent after the Revolutionary war in Western NC. and probably East Tenn. The Cherokee people called him "Little Keg", at least that is what I have heard.I hope the Name is wright.

Hoopers

Kay Hooper Belanger (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 7:39PM GMT
The records that I have found so far are that my ancestor, (3 great grandfather)Isaac Hooper, son of Sarah Salers and Absalom Hooper, had a son named Enos G. born Dec. 25, 1841 in Haywood, NC. Isaac married Sarah Malissa Vandora Ledbetter. I have that his father, Absalom, was born in 1757, 1740 or 1765 in Elbert, Mouth of Green River, GA. Yes, it looks like there may be more than one Absalom, but the most consistent date of birth I have found is the 1757 one. He married Sarah Salers (Solers)in Sept. 1782, in Wilkes, Elbert, Pistol Creek, GA. They also had a daughter, Nancy, born in 1797, Haywood, NC. I don't have any other information on children of Absalom and Sarah, but got all I had from IGI files at an LDS church in California. Hope this helps and that you may have more info. I would love to take this further back.

Absolem Hooper

Gwenda W. (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2000 4:39PM GMT
Did you get your information from the Morman Church? I have found out that a lot of their information is wrong, you should check it carefuly. On one report They had Sarah married at 6 years old. Can you tell me where I may find information on the other Enos? Was your Enos and Indian Agent?

Abosolom Hooper

Ellen Stefanik nee Hooper (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 10:08PM GMT
from the info my sisters and I have came up with Abosolom was our great uncle son of William Pinkney Hooper son of Count Pulski Hooper son of Enos Mchenry Hooper. Not sure if they are the same people but I hope this can help you

Absolom Hooper

Gwenda Waldroup (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 11:21AM GMT
Was your Enos McHenry Hooper born about 1805? The Absolosm Hooper I am looking for would be born abt. 1764. This Absolom has a son Dr. Enos C. Hooper born in 1796, he had a brother Absolom Jr. who was born 1789 and a twin sister Kesiah born also in 1796.

Abosolom Hooper

ellen Stefanik nee Hooper (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 8:04PM GMT
No the Abosolom Hooper I have was the son of Count Pulaski Hooper Enos Mchenry Hooper would have been his Grandfather Ihave not found any records to show he was a Doctor.{Enos} Sorry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions