Search for content in message boards

LACEFIELD family in IL & KY?

LACEFIELD family in IL & KY?

catmota (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2007 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 May 2011 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: LACEFIELD
My mother is a Lacefield. We have Family in IL. She now lives in TX. Most of her family is in KY or IL. I know a few of the names of aunts and uncles that go a few generations but nothing major. Sicne there are so few lacefields maybe we can tie them together some how.

LACEFIELD family from Butler Co., KY

klacefield5 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2007 11:59AM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2011 6:23AM GMT
Surnames: LACEFIELD
Count me in...I am a Lacefield...have lots of info on my branch which comes out of Butler County, Kentucky...unsure of where they came from there...I believe they have English background...I saw the eldest's signature on one of his daughters marriage licenses....it was Lacefielde...that is right with an e on the end...I was told this was old english...so whatever on that .. I do have lots of info if you are interested...I do not have direct internet connection .. I only check on these things on weekends for now..

Daughter of Margaret SOWDER, from Rockcastle Co., KY to Cincinnati, OH

shirleyanncasey (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2011 7:14PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2011 6:40AM GMT
Surnames: LACEFIELD, SOWDER
Thank you for your reply. I just went to google and put in my father's name and messages came up such as your's. I'm not sure if I replied to you or not since it's been a while. I apologize if I didn't. My search for my father's marriage documents has proved frustrating and I fear I'll have to make trips to state archives. I have a Lacefield/Willard/Perry tree you are welcome to visit. My mother was Margaret Sowder Lacefield and she came to Cincinnati Ohio as a young girl with her family from Mt Vernon, Rockcastle County Kentucky. All her siblings and my father's are deceased now. The Lacefield legacy has brought me to a stand still as the name Laswell keeps coming up and I'm led to believe they are one and the same. Shirley

2g-gd of Elijah M. LACEFIELD

shirleyanncasey (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2011 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2011 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: LACEFIELD, LASWELL
Please forgive me if I did not reply previously to your post. I went to goggle today and put in my father's name and up came messages to me I had no idea were there. It is good to read this and maybe we can share our information. I'm at a stand still with Lacefield research because the name Laswell keeps popping up and I'm led to believe they are one and the same. My maiden name was Lacefield and my father's family came from Shelbyville KY, Anderson and Shelby Counties. They migrated north to Cincinnati while my Dad was away in the Army to find work during the late 1920s and early 1930s. I think the Lacefield/Laswell family is English origin. My father's grandfather Elijah Mansford Lacefield is as far back as I have so far. Shirley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions