Search for content in message boards

Hillman Family of Comber/Tilbury/Coatesworth

Hillman Family of Comber/Tilbury/Coatesworth

Ron Hillman (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Deed
Surnames: Hillman, Labadie, Lickman, Pearson, Steveson, Toomer

Looking for descendents of the James Hillman/Mary Smith family of Tilbury West Twp. Children were: Elizabeth; John(m. Nancy Coutts); Esau(m. Nancy Stewart Bright); William; George (m. Mary Jane Harris); Laura Ann(m. William Lickman); Samuel Tanner(m. Elizabeth Grace Harris); Nathaniel(m. Catherine Sophroney Brown); Mary Ann(m.William Henry Brown). Particularly interested in descendents of George & Mary Jane whose children were: Samuel James; Nathaniel Thomas; Elizabeth A; Mary Esther; Martha Jane; George Henry; David Ambrose; Albert Ambrose; Matilda Jane; Alfred. Have LOTS to share on the family tree!

Lickman interest

bmlickman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Deed
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Lickman
Ron,

William Lickman was the eldest son of Charles Lickman and Matilda Towning christened 2 November 1834 at Hurstbourne Priors, Hamshire, England. The family, with four children, emigrated to Canada about 1837. They had another Five children there in the Toronto area. William married Laura Hillman.

Have further details if interested.

Brian

Re: Lickman interest

Thelma Mallard (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2001 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Brian ; we are from the same Lickman family, I am from Charles Jr, he was their first son ,your William would be next, My sister Irene & I ; have been gathering the famlies, for quite a few years , not in touch with anyone else. It's really been growing for us, Would like to know you and Ron have exchanged your families. Hope we can keep in touch? from Thelma

stcroix84 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2002 10:41PM GMT
Hello

I am also related to a Charles Lickman, I think. My grandfather was Lorne Lickman (Essex), my great grandfather was John Lickman (from Comber - married Laura Colnaut ??spelling) and my great-great grandfather was Charles Lickman.

Is this the same line? if so do you have any additional info?

Ron Hillman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 3:20AM GMT
Sorry to have been so long in replying to you - tried sending a message to your e-mail address but it bounced back. Lorne Edison Lickman (born 22 Aug 1896 in Maidstone) was the son of John Lickman (born 23 Apr 1871 in Tilbury West) and Laura S. Colenutt (born 17 Dec 1872 in Goderich). John and Laura married on 18 Oct 1893 in Maidstone. John was the son of Charles Lickman (Jr) and Dianah Lindsay. Charles was the son of Charles Lickman (Sr) and Matilda Towning.
Charles Jr was brother to William T Lickman. William was married to Laura Ann Hillman, who was sister to my great-grandfather, George Hillman. Charles (Sr) and Matilda had 7 other children besides William T and Charles Jr. I have lots of information about the Lickman family, but I am short information about Lorne Edison. I know he died in 1983 and that his wife was Maude H (surname unknown) and that she was born in 1903 and died in 1984. I do not have their marriage date or the places where they died or the names of their children. I would be very interested in providing you with further information in exchange for your info about your grandfather, Lorne Edison Lickman and family. Please e-mail me direct at chillman@lonet.ca Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Regards,
Ron

ElizabethKerr75 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 11:03AM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2002 12:54PM GMT
I too am related to Charles Lickman through his daughter Rosa, who married Robert Ford. Their son Preston "Red" was my grandfather. Jean Noseworthy has done an excellent job tracing the Lickman family. If we all fill any additional info we have,it should be pretty complete.

Re: Hillman Family of Comber/Tilbury/Coatesworth

Islove (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2002 11:18PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2002 3:05AM GMT
Hi,
I am searching for my son-in-law and he is related to a George Pearson who lived in Tilbury W. He was born about 1835 in Yorkshire as far as we know. I believe he had a son Alfred born in Etobicoke On. I have found a George and Rebecca in Etobicoke but I'm not sure if that was his wifes name. We know he lived in Tilbury W. Just thought I'd take a chance and see if you had them on your list.
Best Wishes
Isabel

Re: Hillman Family of Comber/Tilbury/Coatesworth

Cora Hillman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2002 1:08PM GMT
Hi Isabel

Regarding George Pearson & son Alfred. Do you happen to know when Alfred was born? Also, is Alfred your son's direct line or is it someone else?

Have access to lots of info so may be able to help you. A few more details would be appreciated.

Our line focuses on Alice Pearson (wife of Samuel J Hillman). Samuel Hillman was brother to my husband's great-grandfather, George Hillman. Alice Pearson (b. 1870) was the daughter of Alfred Pearson and Sarah Wymer. Alfred Pearson was born 1843, so it is possible your George Pearson may have been a brother to Alfred Pearson. Alfred is buried in McDowell Cemetery, Tilbury West.

Give me details of what you have and I'll do my best to help you. It might be easier if you e-mail me direct at chillman@lonet.ca

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Regards,
Cora Hillman

mr hillman (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 4:33PM GMT
have a lot of info re lorne lickman and all his family .married maude kilbourne in 1926 and had two children harvey and phyliis both born in essex county i am his granddaughter and am writing a family history book so have a lot of info plus pictures etc if you want me to send some pages i would be happy to ,marilyn

mr hillman (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 4:33PM GMT
have a lot of info re lorne lickman and all his family .married maude kilbourne in 1926 and had two children harvey and phyliis both born in essex county i am his granddaughter and am writing a family history book so have a lot of info plus pictures etc if you want me to send some pages i would be happy to ,marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions