Search for content in message boards

Drennen - Catherine Foreman Bigby

FOREMAN/BIGBY

LyndaForeman18 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Feb 2002 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: FOREMAN, BIGBY
I believe that 'FL' stands for Flint District, Indian Territory, Oklahoma. Catherine FOREMAN BIGBY, daughter of John Anthony FOREMAN and Susie of the Paint Clan married to James BIGBY died November 23, 1842.

Drennen - Catherine Foreman Bigby

Marti Hayes (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BIGBY
I have a question about a listing on the Drennen Roll. Under CATHERINE FOREMAN BIGBY #257 it says "FL". What does the FL mean? Was there a reservation in Florida for Cherokees? Family history says my mother-in-law met one of my father-in-laws gg?gmother in FL, she was near 100 and could still draw bow. If the "FL" stands for Florida it would make at least ONE of the family stories correct.

Thanks in advance,
Marti Hayes

Susie of the Paint Clan

Johnnie J. Sixkiller (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sixkiller, Foreman, Crittenden
Hi,
Would that "Susie of the Paint Clan" have a last name of Sixkiller? Just curious.

Susie of Paint Clan

cherokeemadiann (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2005 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Pack, Proctor, Downing, Rattlinggourd, McClure, Spencer, Colvin, Fawling
Susie of Paint Clan is Susie Kah-Tah-Yah Gourd (possibly from the Rattlinggourd family). She was married to John Anthony Foreman. "Sorry"

I have seen a Susie Sixkiller name though. I will e-mail if I find her again.

Marty

Re: Drennen - Catherine Foreman Bigby

theresa m. booth (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2001 11:15AM GMT
Hey Marti, Was looking through archived messages, found yours concerning an old woman who could still draw a bow.
I have been searching for info on my gg grandma who was a cherokee, I was told she lived to be 109 & she lived in Plant City, FL. My aunt visited her in 1936, she was living with her daughter?, granddaughter, Rhoda Hicks. I was told she died
a few years later. This is my grandmas side of the family & I haven't been able to find anything. My grandma was disowned by her family in 1922, for marrying a yankee. She never spoke about her parents, don't even know their names, last name was Davis, Baker co. FL. Anything sound familiar?? Thanks Tery, FL
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions