Search for content in message boards

Topeka - L.C. King, daughters: Evelyn and Mildred

Topeka - L.C. King, daughters: Evelyn and Mildred

hoosll (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2011 9:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: King Dirickson Bayless
I am seeking information on the daughter of L.C. King of Topeka KS named Lois "Evelyn" King (b. 1900) who married C.F. "Derry" Dirickson (1891-1952).

Her sister was Frances "Mildred" King who was the second wife of Hiram "Montie" Bayless of Topeka.

My husband is the grandson of Derry Dirickson by his first wife and we are seeking any pictures or information on the period of 1932-1952.

According to the Topeka obituary, Derry Dirickson was a pharmacist at McFarland Drugstores.

Re: Topeka - L.C. King, daughters: Evelyn and Mildred

baylesss (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2012 2:31AM GMT
My husband, H. Montie Bayless, jr. is the son of Mildred Frances King and the nephew of Evelyn. He is 84 now. I am his second wife. Were were married in 1978 and I knew Evelyn. We visited her in Virginia around 1981 or 1982 and also in Auburn, N.Y before her death. She was a lovely woman. I am also doing research on our family genealogy and have little information on the King side. I have very few pictures of Millie. I would like to share what little info I have with you. My husband did know Derry. I do have a few pictures of Evelyn. My husband called her "Ebby".

hoosll (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2012 1:45PM GMT
I am thrilled to find you! Please say hi to Montie.

Please send me a message to:
wcddhd@cstone.net

I will send you what I have been able to collect on the King family.

I would love copies of any pictures or any stories from Montie. Do you scan? If not, I would be happy to receive the pictures and send them back to you. The story of Louis and Lois is so sad and so many similar stories are repeated today.

I do not even know when or where Ebby died, how she came to meet Derry, etc. Did she re-marry as I have been unable to find a social security death for her.

Would any of Montie's relations (nieces or nephews) have pictures? I know that so many people are not "family hoarders so I'm afraid these things have disappeared.

Della Haden Dirickson
Charlottesville, VA
434-973-2073

baylesss (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2012 5:37PM GMT
Della, Aunt Ebby did remarry. She married a dentist by the name of Ralph Martin. He died in 1971. Ebby died in December 1984 and is buried in a cemetery in the area of Richmond, Virginia. We went to her funeral, but I am unfamiliar with that area and do not remember which cemetery. She had resided in Mechanicsville, Virginia where she and Ralph Martin built a house. Montie says that she met Uncle Derry when he boarded with her and her mother, Mary Alice King (Nonnie). Montie was the oldest of 4 boys. His brother Bob died in 1988 and his youngest brother Fred died in 2011. Montie and his brother Jay are both in poor health. Jay is about 80 now and resides in Topeka. The attachment of pictures is not the best quality, but I have not located the originals yet. I may in due time and will send you better copies. Yes, it was sad about Louis and Lois. As Montie tells the story, he said that his grandpa King was afraid that Lois was going to leave him. Millie, Montie Sr. and the boys lived with Lois and Louis in Salina during the depression. Montie says that Aunt Ebby would send Uncle Derry's hand-me-down clothes to them as times were really hard and Montie Sr. was not a good provider. The babies in the pictures are our 2 oldest sons, Joel and Hiram, taken 1981 at Ebby's home. Montie is the "Dad". The girl is Bob's daughter, Cissy.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions