Search for content in message boards

born and married in Pottsville

born and married in Pottsville

Mick Carlin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHAPMAN, GAUGHEN
Margaret Chapman (my Gr-Grandmother )born in Pottsville, PA. Feb.3,1845 married Thomas Gaughen in Pottsville in 1862. I can not find census records, church records etc... They were both Catholic and Her obit stated the above. Can anyone help, I have run into a brick wall. She had two other sisters both of whom moved to Nebraska. Margaret and Thomas moved to Nebraska in 1874. Any help would be extremely appreciated !

Carlin Interest

Richard W. Acker (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CARLIN
I tried to send you an email but it was returned as unknown user: gmic@uswest.com

I am interested in any knowledge you might have of the Carlin family name from the Schuylkill County area around circa 1919-20.

My email address is: ackerrw@exis.net

Carlin

Mark Major (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CARLIN

There are Carlins in Pottsville. Try there first.

Gaughen

Tom Gorey (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Mick
Sent you an E-mail and it came back. Sent an E-mail to a Jack Gaughen and he said that he will forward the information. Obviously something is wrong with your E-mail address. I have some info for you
Tom Gorey

Gaughen

Mick Carlin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gaughen, Carlin
recieved your message and appreciate your passing on information to Jack Gaughen. Your message said he had an e-mail address, could you pass this along also. I would be glad to make contact with him. As I stated in earlier response, my e-mail address should read gmic@uswest.net

response to Gaughen / Carlin

Mick Carlin (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gaughen, Carlin
My e-mail response has not reached you for some reason, it was returned. Would like to hear from you on Gaughen's/ Chapman's and Carlin's in Schuylkill County. Please not eh change in my e-mail address gmic@uswest.net not uswest.com. Thanks for your original response. Mick Carlin

Carlin (from Switzerland not Ireland)

Tresa Evans (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carlin
I am looking for anyone connected with three CARLIN brothers who sailed together to America. One brother is said to have drowned on the voyage over. My great x2 grandfather JOHN CARLIN, was born 1818 in Switzerland, and was married to MARY ANN HARRIS in Illinois in 1842, so he arrived and traveled to Illinois sometime between those dates. The other brother was said to have worked on the Erie Canal for a while. If anyone can help with any inforamtion on these brothers I would be greatly appreciative.

Re: CARLIN, Lewis

Freeway (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: CARLIN, MCBRIDE, RONDASH, LUKASH, LAFFERTY, ODONNELL
According to the 1900 Census for Kline Township, Honey Brook, in Schuylkill Co, PA there was a Lewis CARLIN residing with John MCBRIDE and wife Grace (CARLIN) McBride and family. Lewis was born in Mar 1876 in PA. This is not a brother of Graces'. Grace is my Great Grandmother. Graces parents are Patrick CARLIN and Margaret O'DONNELL and died before the 1900 Census. Their other children were Catherine, Charles, Peter, Michael and James. Also Peter was the second Peter. The first Peter died sometime before the 1870 census.
The location of Lewis CARLIN in the 1900 Census is as follows; NARA T623, roll 1483, E.D. 48, sheet 17A, (p150), nos. 282/297.
Hope this helps

Carlin Inquiry

Kathie Carlin Daley (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carlin
Do you have any first names of the Carlins you're researching in Schuylkill County, PA ?

Re: Gaughen

otrider (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2012 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Burke, Cain, Mohan, Kilker, Gerritty
Hi Tom! I just got this message but can't tell when you wrote it. Not sure how long it's been sitting here. Sorry....I'm in the middle of this insanity of Burke's Garritty's Cain's, Mohan's at the moment. I went to Centrailia and took pictures and am trying to piece stuff together. Of course the headstones that I really needed didn't have dates on them.

I read in one of your e-mails that your grandmother's maiden name was Burke...Would you mind telling me what her first name was? Who did she marry?

Looking forward to whatever you have to . Love the picture of Pac Burke and Irene Mohan and Thomas. thanks again!
Pam My e-mail address is otrider53@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions