Lutes of WV, Pa, Ill, Ne

Lutes of WV, Pa, Ill, Ne

Carol J. Culp (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2002 7:10AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Lutes, Vaughn, Blagg
These are my Lutes people...none of which I have found on this board:
William 6 Nov 1824, Married Mary Harris and Catherine Vaughn
Gen 2: Josephine 1856, William henry 1857, Sarah (Sadie) 1858, Ida may 1862, Charles R, 1866 (Wm & Mary)
John CUnningham 24 Aug 1840 and Bertina 1854 (Wm and Catherine)
My *grandfather's father was John Lutes who married Elizabeth Jane Blagg (Eliza/Jane). Children were:
Linnie Leota 1876, Elva Gertrude 1878, Clarence Theodore 1879, Leala Myrtle 1882, Blanche May 1883, Frances Rae 1885, John William 1886, *James Ercel Roy 1892, Ned Carlos 1894, Vaughn Cunningham 1895, Hazel Bertina 1896 all born in Corydon Iowa and Central City Ne.

Re: Lutes of WV, Pa, Ill, Ne

Steven Fate (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 3:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 6:14PM GMT
Surnames: Lutes
Carol, William Lutes is my 3 Great Grandfather. I've been trying to determine the lineage of my great grandmother Lula Pearl Lutes who is William Lutes grand-daughter according to the 1880 census. I have a copy of Pearl marriage certificate which lists a Daniel Lutes and Ida Lutes as parents. Therefore I don't believe Ida is the daughter of Willam and Mary and this is somewhat confirmed by the census as they do not list her as a daughter. I believe she is a daughter in law. But where is Daniel? He's not listed at the same home. Maybe he died and William and Mary took Ida into their home, or maybe he is a related cousin and they have the Pearl out of wedlock. Any insight you could give me would be appreciated.

Carol J. Culp (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 9:28PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: LUTES, LAZWELL
People not listed on census are not automatically removed from the family...they just don't live there at the time.<p>
MY Ida is Ida May. Yours is Ida Pearl...obviously not the same person.
MY Ida married Charles Lazwell.
What is YOUR Ida Pearls birthdate?
I will see what I can find on her...and I have no info on any Daniel...what do you have?

Steven Fate (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2005 6:25PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Lutes, Lutz, Laswell
Carol,
Gosh, I lost track of this thread and only now found it after reviewing our prior discussion. I hope I can clear up some confusion about my prior posts. Lula (or Louise) Pearl Lutes' (b. 1862 in Smithfield) mother is Ida May Lutes per her birth certificate. I have not found any primary evidence that Ida May's father was William Lutes, however she appears in his household in the 1880 census listed as daughter so one could reasonably surmise that there is a biological link. Do you have primary evidence that William is Ida May's father?

Since I have been unable to locate the Daniel Lutes (other than his listing on Pearl's birth certificate), I'm was testing a hypothesis that may be Daniel was William's son and that Lutes was Ida May's married name. I have now concluded that hypothesis must be wrong, since Ida May's marriage certificate to Charles Laswell states that it is Ida May's first marriage.

I'm still left pondering who Pearl's father is, and where this mysterious Daniel can be found. It seems to coincedental that he has the same surname and I have not been able to locate a Daniel Lutes in the vicinity that would be a candidate for fathering Pearl out of wedlock. Have you any info on Daniel or whoever Pearl's father might be?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions