Search for content in message boards

NANSEN relatives?????

NANSEN relatives?????

Gillian (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2000 1:08PM GMT
Hello Iam looking for anyone who is related to the Nansen family. My great grandfather was Fridtjof Nansen and I would like to have some contact with anyone related tohim or with the Nansen name. Than you

Nansen Name

Bridget (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 1:36PM GMT
Hi Gillian, My real father's name was Hans Nansen and he lives in San Diego, CA. I don't know too much about our ancestors because he does'nt want to keep in contact with me. My mother does'nt really know that much about his family. Maybe I can find out more. I would like to!

Nansen

Jill De Curtis (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2000 7:02AM GMT
Hello Bridget This is Gillian, I actually go by Jill, and you will notice that my last name has changed because Iam married. My father is Peter Nansen and his father was Kaare Nansen. My great grandfather was very famous in Norway. His name was Fridtjof Nansen. I suppose you know of him? How old are you ? Is you father still living? Is your last name Nansen? Please e-mail back so we can figure out our family history and where abouts we fit in and if and how we are related. Thanks for your reply. JILL

Nansen family

HANS NANSEN (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 1:03PM GMT
Hi Bridgit....My name is Hans and I guess I am your half-brother ha--strange huh--?..I just stumbled across your postings..I am 36 and live in the san diego area..E-mail me if you like and maybe we'll chat...Take Care...Hans

Nansen

HANS NANSEN (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 1:16PM GMT
Hi Jill...My name is Hans Nansen...I just ran across your postings and thought I would answer.Here's how I fit into the Nansen chain.My dad is Hans Nansen.My Grandfather was Hans Nansen.My Great Grandfather was Alexander Nansen brother of Fridtjof.Lets chat sometime....Hans

Nansen name

Jill Nansen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 1:44PM GMT
Hi Hans It is so nice to meet you. I guess this means we are cousins. How old are you? and where do you live? Iam turning 34 in November married with 2 children, I live in Canada. I can not remeber what I wrote in my message before but, Your great grandfather and my great grandfather (Fridtjof) were brothers. Kind of neat. My father is Peter Nansen his father was Kaare Nansen.And his father was Fridtjof Nansen. You may see that my name comes up as Jill DeCurtis that is my married name. My maiden name is Gillian Nansen. Very nice to mmet you lets talk. JIll

Nansen

Hans Nansen (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2000 6:17PM GMT
Hi Jill...This is pretty cool...I've actually been looking for Nansens...It's so hard because of the Nansen passport to find people actually related to Fridtjof Nansen..It would be cool to chat sometime...My e-mail is hanssd1@aol.com..Take Care...Hans

Re: Nansen

agnes (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2003 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: nansens
hi there Hans! I saw your postings on the ancestory website and thought I'd let u know my father was John Nansen(passed away early this year) and my grandfather was Hans Nansen. I also have an uncle who is called Hans. They come from Western Samoa.I dont know who my greatgrandfather was. Lots of Hans's about isnt there? Cheerio. Agnes. I live in Australia.

Re: Nansen name

tcwlmo (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2005 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jill,

I have been researching my Wright family relatives for many years now and recently on a visit to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts met a distant cousing by the name of Ted Wright Burnham who supplied me family history that connected my family to yours.

I would love to add more of your line to my research. Here is a little of what I have.

I hope to hear back from you.

Tom Wright

Descendant Register, Generation No. 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lola Russell WRIGHT (William WRIGHT2, Robert WRIGHT1) was born 1862 in (West) Brewster, MA, and died 1920 in Providence, RI. She was buried in Swan Point, Providence, RI. She married George Lawton MILLER 1883 in Pawtucket, RI, son of Reuben King MILLER and Elizabeth "Susan" LAWTON. He was born 1857 in Pawtucket, RI, and died 1930 in Poland Springs, ME. He was buried in Swan Point, Providence, RI.

Children of Lola Russell WRIGHT and George Lawton MILLER are: 2 i. Earl Lawton MILLER was born ABT 1889 in RI. He married Harriet SODEN. He married Mary TURNER. He married Ellen HAULEY.
+ 3 ii. Elizabeth MILLER was born 1899 in Pawtucket, RI.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

3. Elizabeth MILLER (Lola Russell WRIGHT3, William WRIGHT2, Robert WRIGHT1) was born 1899 in Pawtucket, RI. She married Edward Payson RICKER BEF 1917, son of Edward Payson RICKER. He was born ABT 1894 in ME. She married Kaare NANSEN ABT 1940, son of Fridtjof NANSEN. He was born in of Norway, and died 1961.

Children of Elizabeth MILLER and Edward Payson RICKER are: 4 i. Susan Elizabeth RICKER was born ABT 1918 in Poland Springs, ME. She married William DUNLOP.
+ 5 ii. Edward Payson RICKER was born 1919 in Poland Springs, ME.

Child of Elizabeth MILLER and Kaare NANSEN is: 6 i. Peter NANSEN.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 3

5. Edward Payson RICKER (Elizabeth MILLER4, Lola Russell WRIGHT3, William WRIGHT2, Robert WRIGHT1) was born 1919 in Poland Springs, ME. He married Ann Marvin PARKER, daughter of Reinold Marvin PARKER and Amelia Harmon POTTER.

They had two children that I know of.........

Re: Nansen

tcwlmo (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2005 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hans,

I have been trying to get in touch with Jill Hansen but her email address is no longer active. If you still have contact with her will you please forward the message below??? THANK YOU

Jill,

I have been researching my Wright family relatives for many years now and recently on a visit to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts met a distant cousing by the name of Ted Wright Burnham who supplied me family history that connected my family to yours.

I would love to add more of your line to my research. Here is a little of what I have.

I hope to hear back from you.

Tom Wright

Descendant Register, Generation No. 1

1. Lola Russell WRIGHT (William WRIGHT2, Robert WRIGHT1) was born 1862 in (West) Brewster, MA, and died 1920 in Providence, RI. She was buried in Swan Point, Providence, RI. She married George Lawton MILLER 1883 in Pawtucket, RI, son of Reuben King MILLER and Elizabeth "Susan" LAWTON. He was born 1857 in Pawtucket, RI, and died 1930 in Poland Springs, ME. He was buried in Swan Point, Providence, RI.

Children of Lola Russell WRIGHT and George Lawton MILLER are: 2 i. Earl Lawton MILLER was born ABT 1889 in RI. He married Harriet SODEN. He married Mary TURNER. He married Ellen HAULEY.
+ 3 ii. Elizabeth MILLER was born 1899 in Pawtucket, RI.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

3. Elizabeth MILLER (Lola Russell WRIGHT3, William WRIGHT2, Robert WRIGHT1) was born 1899 in Pawtucket, RI. She married Edward Payson RICKER BEF 1917, son of Edward Payson RICKER. He was born ABT 1894 in ME. She married Kaare NANSEN ABT 1940, son of Fridtjof NANSEN. He was born in of Norway, and died 1961.

Children of Elizabeth MILLER and Edward Payson RICKER are: 4 i. Susan Elizabeth RICKER was born ABT 1918 in Poland Springs, ME. She married William DUNLOP.
+ 5 ii. Edward Payson RICKER was born 1919 in Poland Springs, ME.

Child of Elizabeth MILLER and Kaare NANSEN is: 6 i. Peter NANSEN.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 3

5. Edward Payson RICKER (Elizabeth MILLER4, Lola Russell WRIGHT3, William WRIGHT2, Robert WRIGHT1) was born 1919 in Poland Springs, ME. He married Ann Marvin PARKER, daughter of Reinold Marvin PARKER and Amelia Harmon POTTER.

They had two children that I know of.........

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions