Search for content in message boards

Walraven connection to Cherokee Indian

Walraven connection to Cherokee Indian

vbgoodwin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2011 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walraven
A number of family trees with Walraven connections list William Walraven as marrying "Sara, Cherokee Indian." What is the basis of this information. I do not find a source listed in these family trees.

Re: Walraven connection to Cherokee Indian

hotgenso (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2012 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Walraven/Humphrey/Humphries
Do you know if they had any children? I'm trying to find information on my great grandmother Ida Humphries/Humphrey Walraven. I think her father was William Humphrey. She died in 1899/1900 in Johnson County, Texas. Her husbands name was Henry Alvin Walraven. Any info would be appreciated.

Mrider_21 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2012 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Walraven
I have a Lou Ella Walraven (nee Oyler) born in 1847 who is said to have been Cherokee. Does this name come up in any of your searches? Unfortunately, I do not have a birth place. She was married to Ezekiel Walraven from Sulpher Springs, Dekalb, Alabama. If this name is relevant to your search, I also have a phot that I am glad to share.

vbgoodwin (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2012 4:51AM GMT
I don't know much about the Walraven family. All I know is that my great great grandfather, Harvey Ledbetter, married Helen Walraven (1811-1849) Her father was William Walraven, her mother was "Sara" who is noted to be a full blood Cherokee Indian. My gr gr grandfather and Helen had a number of children but their last name was "Ledbetter." I don't know if William Walraven and Sara had any children other than Helen.

Mrider_21 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2012 8:12PM GMT
Thank you for your response. :-)

EdWalraven51 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2012 10:26PM GMT
I am a Proven member of this William line. SAR has approved my work, I have boxes and boxes of Walraven info and can not find one single link to the Cherokees as connected to William. Have listed as possible marriage, cause I can not prove it either way.

My line is me-Dennis Walraven-William Robert Walraven- Perry Walraven -Siemon Walraven -William Walraven- John Walraven Sr. RWS. Contact me if I can Help.

Ed Walraven
ed_walraven@vol.com

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:36PM GMT
I have John Harvey Marring Helen (several nicknames) March 8 1831 in Troop County Georgia. Have not seen the original Doc. Needs to be verified.

Ed_walraven@vol.com

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:52PM GMT
This need to be verified...

Looks like Ezikeal Virgil Walraven 1852-1923 Born in Tallapossa Alabama and died in Dade County Ga in 1923. He is said to have married Sarah Luella ' Lou' Oyler (all I have).

Have not beet to graves yet. I am told the Graves are next to I59 on the Georgia side where the road from Cloudland Crosses I-59. (forget the name of the road). Been told several Walravens Burried there, But I have not Confirmed to date. It's on the GA Alabama line. The tie back to Gordon County Ga Walraven's back to John Walraven Sr Rev War Pension is very very most possible. Call it 99.5%

Ed_Walraven@vol.vom

Ed

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:53PM GMT
I am a Proven member of this William line. SAR has approved my work, I have boxes and boxes of Walraven info and can not find one single to the Cherokees as connected to William. Have listed as possible marriage, cause I can not prove it either way.

Ed Walraven
ed_walraven@vol.com

vbgoodwin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2012 11:04PM GMT
Thank you for your response.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions