Search for content in message boards

John Miller Dugard

John Miller Dugard

Ray Green (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2006 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Bunch, Dugard, Gass, Groce, Keys,
John Miller Dugard, 89, 706 East Washington Street, Glasgow died at 5 a.m. Tuesday at the Community Hospital. He was a carpenter and the son of Mr. and Mrs. Seth Thomas Dugard. Survivors are three sons, Joe Dugard, Indianapolis; Elzie Dugard, Bowling Green and John Dugard of Jeffersonville, Ind.; two daughters, Mrs Anabelle Keys and Mrs. Lissa Gass, both of Glasgow; two sisters, Mrs. Bill Groce and Mrs. Maggie Bunch, both of Barren County; two brothers, Seth Dugard, New Your City and Arthur Dugard, Glasgow.
The funeral will be at the Hatcher and Saddler Funeral Home at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Burial will be in the New Salem Cemetery. The body was taken to the home at 4 p.m. Tuesday.

(I am unable to locate at the New Salem Cem.)
Name: John M Dugard
Death Date: 13 January , 1959
Death Place: Barren
Residence: Barren
Volume: 1
Certificate: 31

Re: John Miller Dugard

Georgette Dugard Lee (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2006 3:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dugard,Meek,Parsley,Gass,Simmons,Goode
John Miller Dugard was my great-grandfather, my grandparents being Frank and Lissia Gass. Whoever gave the info for this obit (original dated 1959) mistakenly put his father as Seth Thomas Dugard, and he is actually Seth Washington Dugard, Sr. John Miller Dugard was married around 1900 to Mallie Meek, daughter of James S. Meek and Nancy Crockett. Mallie died in the 1918 Spanish Influenza epidemic, and she was buried near her father in the New Salem Cemetery. When John Miller died, he was buried next to her and two sons, Clarence Dugard, who was killed in 1923 at Buford Simmons' home in an altercation over illegal liquor. The 2nd son Jim also died in the 1918 epidemic. None of them have tombstones. There is also another daughter, Mary Parsley, who died of a miscarriage in 1929, that is buried near them in the New Salem Cemetery. If anyone has anything to add to this it would be appreciated.
Thank you, Ray, for posting this. I already have a copy of the original. Also the George Dugard (d. 12 March 1896) posted by Sandi Gorin, is the brother of John Miller Dugard. George and his parents, Seth and Mary Dugard, are buried at the Refuge Church of Christ in 88, KY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions