Search for content in message boards

Starling family history

Starling family history

Charles Starling (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2001 7:41PM GMT
My father was Charles Henry Starling born in
Tampa, Fl in Feb 1919. His father was Charles
Cleveland Starling, married to Mable. This is
as far back as I can go with any certainty..
After that it gets vague. The only tidbit beyond that, is maybe my gggrandfather was a
Levi Starling killed by Seminole Indians near
Tampa in the mid 1800,s. He may also have been a wagonmaster traveling between Ga and
Fla. Would greatly appreciate anyone with any
information close to this to please email me
at csstar@gulftel.com

Re: Starling family history

carla starling stephens (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2001 8:03AM GMT
Surnames: starling
i have a levi starling born around 1799 in my genealogy notes. his brother, john grigg starling, jr is one of my ancestors. i don't have anything definite on residency etc., but the dates would age him about right if he was killed in the mid 1800's. a few generations before, the family was in north carolina, a couple of generations later, my branch of the family surfaced in upson county, ga. if you can make a connection, i have the family tree back several generations from levi. i'd be glad to share what i have with you and i'd love to learn any details about the family that you may have

Linda Jane Griffis (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2001 11:55PM GMT
Hi I looking for information on Malinda Starling, born 1865. She married James Griffis, Jr, Born 1863. They were married in approx. 1883. Best I can tell there are 8 children. My daddy was Owen David (O.D.) born 1908, died 1947. My mama was Hazel Jane Godwin. Is there anybody out there anywhere that knows these people. Surely not all of grandpa and grandma's people have died off. Thank you. I am just starting out and keep running into dead ends. My daddy died when I was 4 years old. They were listed in 1885 Baker County census and 1910 Bradford County census, Precinct #3.

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: starling
linda,
my records show a melinda "lindy" welch barrow starling who was married to john grigg starling, jr; 29 jan 1844. she had a daughter, matilda barrow by her first marriage. she had four children with starling:
james starling, b. 1844
falba jane starling, b. 4 jan 1848
thomas jefferson starling, b. 4 jan 1848
david griggs starling, b. 1851
the three older children would have possibly been old enough to parent by the time your grandmother was born in 1865. you can rule out david griggs starling anyway, i am a descendant and know he did not have a child by that time or by that name. my records kind of dead-end on the other siblings, but maybe it will give you something to research. the family lived in what was once houston, then upson county. you may find records in one county or the other that could be helpful.
good luck in your search!

LindaJGriffis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 4:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Sep 2004 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Griffis/Starling
thank you so much for your information and I am sorry That I haven't gotten back to you sooner but I have posted on so many boards and sent so many e mails that I have forgotten to check everywhere as I am doing today. I will gladly begin the search into this family later on this afternoon. I know how hard it is to get information and all the work that is involved and I have only been doing this since July and I certainly do thank you for sharing. Linda

dianasalas (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2001 3:58AM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2003 6:36AM GMT
Surnames: Starling
I am looking for the Starling family that lived in east Tx
My great grandfather was Flynn Dirken Starling and his father was Jasper Lafayette Starling. If any one else has any thing on this group please email me....DSalas1971@aol.com

patty_starling (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2002 12:45PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2003 1:15AM GMT
I am looking for information on a William S or F Starling born 1870 . He was married to a Florida Anderson in 1889. There children were James, William, Eddie, Alina, and Robert.
My husband is a descendant of Robert Daniel Starling.
Robert Daniel married Nancy Viola Conner in 1918.They settled in the Moniac Ga area on the Florida border.
Their children were: Ruebin Crawford, James , Doris, Joyce, Bonita, Joyce, Edward, Eldridge, and Edgar.
Ruebin C Starling married Jeanette Raulerson and settled in Baker Co Fl.
Their children were: Samuel Lavarn, Grandle, Ruby Annette, Ruebin Lamar, and Elaine.
My husband is Ruebin Lamar Starling.
Any information concerning ancestors or siblings of William S
Starling would be appreciated.
Thank you
Patty Starling

patty_starling (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2002 12:51PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2003 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: Starling
Im not sure if I sent the information correctly . Did you receive a message from me?.If not I will send it again.
Patty Starling

Posted: 2 Jul 2002 5:11PM GMT
I don't have my genealogy research notes with me. I will check them and get back in touch with you. Thanks. Carla

LatreshaStarling (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2003 6:48AM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2004 3:36AM GMT
i don't know that i'm related to you in any way, but i ran accross something that may interest you about levi starling and the seminoles, the web address where i found it was
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~starling/, look under starling books, then click on more information, down on the bottom is info. on how to get ahold of the author, and levi was on one of the sample pages, i'll include the sample page as an attatchment, hope this helps
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions