Search for content in message boards

Lowman > Dawson Cty, GA

Lowman > Dawson Cty, GA

nytexan (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 May 2004 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Lowman
I am looking for information regarding the LOWMAN family who lived in Dawson Co., Georgia for many years. The line supposedly goes:
Lewis LOWMAN(1759-1823),Pennsylvania > George LOWMAN(1785-1847), North Carolina? > Martin LOWMAN(1813-1889), NC.
In about 1860, Martin's family moved to Dawson Co., GA., near Dawsonville. Martin and his wife, Teressa are buried in Antioch Baptist Church cemetery in Dawson Co., GA.
I am interested in the children of Martin and Teressa (TURNER)LOWMAN.(Their marriages, births of children, deaths, etc.)
Their names were:
LaFayette "Paten" Monroe LOWMAN (1842-??)
H. Louisa LOWMAN (1844-??)
Loumanda "Mandy" LOWMAN (1846-??)
Jason Hagin LOWMAN (1849-1913)m.Nancy Jane ANDERSON
Lucine "Cinie" LOWMAN (1850-??)
John Allen LOWMAN (1852-??)
Sarah "Sally" LOWMAN (1860-??)
**Jefferson Morgan "Morg" LOWMAN (1867-??)
William L. LOWMAN (1867-??)
I am especially interested in **Jefferson "Morg" LOWMAN.
I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Lowman

Robert Lowman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
What do you want to know about him?

LOWMAN family in Alabama

nytexan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2004 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: LOWMAN
I am doing research for a friend of mine, Dr. James Wayne LOWMAN. He is the son of James Grover LOWMAN and his wife, Maggie Christine ADERHOLD/T LOWMAN. James Grover is the son of James Robert LOWMAN and his wife, Nancy Elizabeth SOUTHERN LOWMAN. And James Robert LOWMAN is the son of "Morg" (Jefferson Morgan)LOWMAN and his second wife, Miranda BANKS.
I'd just like some family stories. I'd like to fill in the different families and maybe find some pictures.
I'm not charging Doc to do this. I am disabled and love doing genealogy over the internet.
Hope to hear from you,
Peggy
peggy@fbns.net

history

Robert Lowman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lowman

Buttram connection

Howard T Buttrum (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Buttram
I have information on the Buttram line in Al. Mr Lowman may be a descendant of James Morgan( Morg) Buttram. If I can be of assistance email me at hbuttrum@aol,com.

Lowman

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wehunt
My husband's great great grandfather was married to Mary Margaret Peggy Larmon who was George Lowman's daughter
Lewis Lowman was George's dad. That is as far back as I have gone. If you have any information you can share please get in touch with us.

Mary Margaret married Jacob Wehunt and they had a son named George Benjamin Washington Wehunt who went by Buck. If you can help me find out who his first wife was I would be very greatful

Thank You
Mrs. Terry Wehunt

Re: LOWMAN family in Alabama

NancyCook88 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2004 4:01AM GMT
Miranda Banks LOWMAN was a sister to my great grandmother Martha Caroline Banks SEAY. Would love to share info
Nancy Cook @blomand.net

Re: Lowman > Dawson Cty, GA

MaryBrackenridge73 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2004 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2004 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Lowman/ Welch
Would Dawson City be anywhere near Marietta Ga. I remember hearing my Grandfather speak of having Lowman family in Mor near Marietta,GA. My grandfather was Gerge Washington Lowman son of Benjamine Franklin McDowell Lowman and Herietta Welch. The lived in Botetourt County in VA. There wer in addition to my grandfather brothers Lester Charles and smelser and sister Matties Cecelia and Genva. We cannot find much imformation and feel that Frank and Herietta died at a relatively young age. I can Plave Benjamin Franklin( Frank) in Agusta County Va with parents Samuel and Lidy and brothers Charles and George and sisters Jane and Martha in 1850. any help would be much appreciated

cyb45 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2008 4:20AM GMT
Dawson County,(Not City) is north of Marietta Ga. Its about
an hour to hour and 1/2 away. Dawsonville is in Dawson County. Its about 75 miles from North Carolina border

JGretchenLowman (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2008 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Lowman Barus Jacumin Davis Brittain
Hello!
I have a Layfette Lowman in my tree. His father was Levi Lowman(1829-1863). Layfette is my great-grandmothers father. Her name is Navada Alta Lowman.(1901-2000) She married a John Lowman(1896-1938) and from what I gather they lived in Georgia for a period. John and Navada are buried in Valdese NC at Abees Chapel. My two sets of Lowmans are starting to run together. Johns mother was Nancy Lowman(1852-1951) and his father is unknown. I have not gotton back any further than Nancy on Johns side. I will be adding my tree on ancestry.com. It is called Gretchen Lowmans tree if you would like to compare notes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions