Search for content in message boards

SOWELL ANCESTORS

SOWELL ANCESTORS

amiche (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2000 11:33AM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2002 7:00PM GMT
MY "SOWELL" CONNECTION IS WITH MY GRANDFATHER, ELON SOWELL. HE IS FROM THE SAN AUGUSTINE (ATTOIAC COMMUNITY) AREA. IF YOU OR YOUR ANCESTOR ARE FROM THIS AREA, THEN WE MAYBE RELATED.

Sowell Ancestors

Martha_Wilcoxen (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2000 7:25PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 1:11AM GMT
My husband's family is from this area. Some of them are buried in the Attoyac Cemetary. Others are in the Sowell Cemetary. Can you give me some names?

REPLY TO MARTY

amiche (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 10:40AM GMT
MARTY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. mY GRANDFATHER'S NAME IS ELON SOWELL, HIS FATHER NAME BEGAN WITH AN M, BUT i AM NOT CERTAIN. HIS SISTER MARY LIVES NEAR THE CEMETARY, AND E.Z. LIVED NEAR IT (DIED IN FEB. 99). HE HAS A NEPHEW NAMED ED SOWELL WHO LIVES IN LUFKIN, TX. MY GRANDMOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME IS GARRET HER PEOPLE ARE ALSO AT THAT LITTLE CEMETARY WAY BACK IN THE WOODS, DOWN THAT WINDING DIRT ROAD, NEAR THAT LITTLE OLD BAPTIST CHURCH ( ST. PAUL ??). YOU CAN SEE AUNT MARIE'S HOUSE FROM THE STEPS OF THE CHURCH. IF WE ARE FROM THE SAME FAMILY, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHO WHERE I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Sowell Cemetary

Gayle Clark (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2000 7:51AM GMT
Which Sowell Cemetary are you referring to? Would it be in San Augustine county, Texas?
If so, my relatives are all buried there.

Sowell Cemetary

Martha_Wilcoxen (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2000 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 1:11AM GMT
Gayle, I am talking about several cemetaries that I visited a few weeks ago with my husband, Jerry Wilcoxen. We went to the Attoyac Cemetary, Blue Springs Cemetary and the old Sowell Cemetary that is down the road from Cynthia Thacker's home off Hwy 103. Who would be your relatives that are buried there? Cynthia can name the graves there by heart practically. You might want to contact her. She was very helpful to me in my search. Talk to you later-Marty

Sowell Cemetery

Gayle (Sowell) Clark (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2000 7:40AM GMT
Hi, Marty.
I don't recall if I answered your e-mail, but when I saw it this morning, I decided to get to it. Yes, the Sowell Family cemetery is my family's. My dad's grandfather(?) donated the land for it. My grandmother, Ella Elizabeth Steptoe and her husband, Lonnie Ransom Steptoe are both buried there. My Grandmother was a Sowell before she married Grandpa. All of my family is buried there. Glad you wrote!
Gayle Clark

Sowell ancstors

Dee Hielscher Sowell (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 11:31AM GMT
My husband is Elon Dudley Sowell, Jr., his father Elon Dudley Sowell, Sr. and his grandfather Alfred Samuel Sowell. They came to Florida from Alabama approx. 1930. I believe the "Elon" name must be a connection here. That is not a common name. Let me hear from you on other family members.

Sowell Family

Shawndra Sowell (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 3:01PM GMT
My father's family is from St.Augustine. My grandmother Ora Lee (Sowell)Richardson is your grandfather's sister. The family reunion is held each year in October on the 2nd Sunday at the church.

Bye - Shawndra Sowell

Sowell Family - St. Augustine TX

Shawndra Sowell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 8:57AM GMT
Hello, Angela

I wanted to make a correction on my last e-mail. Actually, Elon Sowell is my grandmother's uncle(Ora Lee Sowell Richardson.) My grandmother's father is Marshall Sowell, your grandfather's brother. Ed Sowell, is my grandmother's brother.
Hope this helps..
Shawndra

Elon Sowell

amiche (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 8:14AM GMT
You are apparently someone I have never met, but would love to met. Do remember Aunt Marie Aunt E.Z.? They both lived near the cemetary where my grandfather is buried. I never met "Marsh" (I remembber grandaddy talking about him he always called him Marsh". Where is Marsh buried? Grandaddy Grandma are both buried at St. John's cemetary. Where do you live? I now live in Houston. If you would like, please leave your number I will call you, because apparently we are related. My number is (281) 931-8361 work is (713) 790-6450. Please call or leave your number so that I can call you. I am 30 yr's old-single mother 1- daughter. I would really liketo get to know more about you your family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions