Search for content in message boards

Cain's in Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky (?)

Cain's in Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky (?)

Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 4:09PM GMT
Searching for information on my GG Grandfather William (no middle name) Cain. He was born in 1855 in Putnam County Missouri and according to census information his father was born in Kentucky. I believe his father was also William Cain (with no middle name.

William Cain

debland (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2001 7:36AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 1:18AM GMT
Have info on your line, I believe. SOME OF THE DATES MAY VARY, AS WE LISTINGS FROM MORE THAN ONE SOURCE, BUT CLOSE. WILLIAM CAIN BORN FEB. 13, 1854, DIED JULY 27, 1951. MARRIED TO SARAH ANN LANE, FEB 2, 1879. WILLIAM WAS THE SON OF MATHIAS, SON OF JAMES, SON OF JOHN, ( BORN IN SURRY CO. NORTH CAROLINA.) ABOUT 1773. HIS MOTHER WAS CELIA STEELMAN CAIN. JOHN MAY HAVE BEEN THE SON OF THOMAS, AS GIVEN ON COMPUTER. CELIA MAY WILLIAM SR. WAS MARRIED TO MARTHA JANE WHITWORTH, MARRIED SEPT 20, 1853. JAMES CAIN, BORN PROBABLY NORTH CAROLINA, WAS MARRIED TO ANNA KETCHEN MASON, HERE IN MO. MAIDEN NAME KETCHEN, JOHN CAIN WAS MARRIED THREE TIMES, WITH A TOTAL OF 16 KNOWN CHILDREN. HIS FIRST MARRIAGE TO RUTH BLYTHE, WHO WAS THE MOTHER OF JAMES. SOME OF THIS IS ON THE COMPUTER, IF YOU KNOW WHAT NAMES YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. LET US KNOW IF THIS FITS WITH YOURS. ALWAYS LOOKING TO FILL IN NEW INFO ON THIS FAMILY. WE ARE FROM JOHN JACKSON CAIN, BROTHER OF WILLIAM. WILLIAM WHO WAS MARRIED TO MARTHA JANE WAS KILLED IN FRONT OF HIS WIFE AND MOTHER DURING CIVIL WAR TIME. ANOTHER BROTHER MATHIAS CAIN WAS KILLED IN KIRKSVILLE MO. FROM CIVIL WAR RELATED BATTLE. OUR JOHN JACKSON CAIN ALSO DIED IN CIVIL WAR, BATTLE NEAR TELEHOMA, TENNESSEE, AND BURIED THERE. HAVE SOME NAMES OF OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND ECT. MAY WANT TO CHECK COMPUTER AND THEN LET US KNOW, IF ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN HELP YOU WITH. HAPPY SEARCHING!!

Yes Jaunita we have a match!!!!

shannon (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2001 4:11PM GMT
My William Cain was born Feb. 12, 1855 and died on July 27, 1951 in Kansas. He married Sarah Lane on Feb. 2, 1879. The couple had 6 children that I know of: Roxy Belle (died in childhood), Carrie, Dean, William, Christina and Charlene (my great grandmother) I have a couple of photos of William Cain and am curious about his heritage? Was he part indian? I sent for his death cert. but the information on it is incorrect they listed his wife's birthdate instead of his and his mother is not listed. I also have his obituary and funeral notice from the funeral and photos of his headstone. I also have a copy of Charlene's obituary. I am going to check online for more information about the family line I have been so desperately seeking. Thank you so much for your help and if you give me your email address I would be happy to send you a list of what I have and then send you copies of anything you want.

Cain

debland (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 7:31AM GMT
GLAD TO FIND YOUR CONNECTION. I DO NOT HAVE E-MAIL BUT REGULAR, 512 WEST 6TH ST, CARROLLTON, MO. 64633. HUSBAND BORN A CAIN, BUT, TO BUSY FOR RESEARCHING. I HAVE QUITE A PEDIGREE FOR YOU. GIVEN TO US BY ANOTHER OF YOUR LINE WHO WORKED FOR MANY YEARS TO GET IT TOGETHER. HE GIVES WILLIAM S. AND WILLIAM S. CAIN JR. MATHIAS AND RUTH STEELMAN, PARENTS OF CELIA. NOW THAT IS ON COMPUTER WAY BACK TO HANS MANSON. **WHITWORTH, JOHN, 1680, THEN HE HAS THOMAS WHITWORTH SR. BORN ABOUT 1690 IN KING WILLIAM CO. VIRGINIA, THOMAS JR. BORN 1726. AND JOHN BORN 1760. SHORT TEN YEAR SPAN BETWEEN THE FIRST JOHN AND THOMAS. DATES ARE LISTED AND PLACES OF BIRTH AND DEATH ON SOME. SEND YOUR ADDRESS AND WILL MAIL COPY FOR YOU. HAVE WILLIAM CAIN JR. BORN FEB 13, 1854, (ANOTHER DATE), IN WORTHINGTON, MO. GOOD TO GET PART OF THIS ON BOARD AS NEVER KNOW HOW MANY OTHERS MIGHT FIND A MISSING LINK. LOOKS LIKE AARON WHITLOW LANE WAS PARENT OF SARAH LANE.

JOHN CAIN SPOUSES

debland (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 12:01PM GMT
THE JOHN CAIN, SON OF CELIA OR CECELIA STEELMAN CAIN, MARRIED RUTH BLYTHE AND HAD ONE KNOWN SON, JAMES, WHO IS OUR ANSCESTOR. HE LATER MARRIED ONEY GENTRY MARTIN BLYTHE, 1802, MADISON CO. KY. AUG. 1825, HE MARRIED EMILY HILL IN CHARITON CO. MO. THERE IS INFO ON SOME OF THIS ON COMPUTER, YOU MAY WANT TO SCAN AS YOU GO THROUGH. THERE WAS A THOMAS CAIN WHO LIVED NEAR MATHIAS STEELMAN IN NORTH CAROLINA EARLY. HAVE A MAP OF AREA WHERE THEY LIVED.

cain/lane

Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 12:11PM GMT
Yes Aaron Whitlow Lane was the father of Sarah Ann Lane. Sarah was born in 1866 in Worthington, Missouri. Her mother was America C. Hickman who was the second wife of Aaron, his first wife was Frances Dickerson. I have photos of William and his wife Sarah on a small web page I put up trying to locate some of this missing family it is at: http://www.proaxis.com/~shammagren/ I am not sure what all you would like to have but I will print out some information and copy some photos for you. Hopefully will have them out to you within a week or two. I will include my mailing address so you can send me the information you talked about. Thanks again for your help

JOHN CAIN CHILDREN

debland (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2001 9:53AM GMT
JOHN CAIN MARRIAGE TO RUTH BLYTHE ONE KNOWN CHILD, JAMES W. CAIN, JOHN CAIN MARRIAGE TO ONEY GENTRY MARTIN BLYTHE, KNOWN CHILDREN, THOMAS BORN JULY 21, 1803 DIED NOV. 17,1804. WINIFRED BORN NOV 27 1805, MARRIED PHILLIP ROBERTSON. CELIA BORN AUG 27, 1808, MARRIED WASHINGTON CONNER. JOHN CAIN MARRIAGE TO EMILY HILL CAIN. KNOWN CHILDREN, BARTHEBA "BASH", JAN 27, 1827, MARRIED ASA KING COLLETT. JACKSON HILL CAIN, NO DATA, JOHN JR. CAIN, "LITTLE JOHN" DIED MILITARY SERVICE. GEORGE WASHINGTON, MARRIED CHRISTINA SHOOP NOVINGER? THEN EVA BROYLES MCMASTERS, RUTH MARRIED JOHN ELY. WRIGHT J.DIED INFANCY, KING DIED INFANCY. MARY B. MARRIED MINTER PARKER. EMILY MARRIED JOHN FOWLER, WILLIAM C. NO DATA, MELISSA PARNESA MARRIED JAMES JONES, PHILLIP ROBERTSON MARRIED EMMA LEMONS.

oops!! William Jr. of William Sr.

debland (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2001 8:18AM GMT
REREAD THE BOARD, YOUR WILLIAM JR. IS SON OF WILLIAM SR. OF JAMES AND ANNA KETCHENS MASON CAIN OF JOHN AND RUTH BLYTHE CAIN OF THOMAS AND CELIA STEELMAN CAIN. MATHIAS IS A BROTHER OF THE OLDER WILLIAM. NEED TO KEEP THE CAINS IN A BETTER LINE, OR QUIT BEING SO EXCITED ABOUT FINDING NEW EXTENSIONS.

re: the oops

Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2001 9:36AM GMT
Juanita, that is ok I guess in all my excitement I was able to follow along ok. It is exciting!!!! I thought the day was never going to come when I finally found this line. Did you check out the little website I have? There is a picture of him on it taken around 1925. I included that picture and one of him about a year before he died along with a copy of the newspaper clipping of the funeral notice in the packet to you. Don't torture your mail carrier to much waiting for it!!!!!

Cain

debland (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2001 12:23PM GMT
HAVEN'T BEEN TO YOUR WEBSITE. HAVEN'T DONE MUCH OF THAT AS WORK ON WORK COMPUTER AND NOT MUCH TIME FREE FOR ALL THE BROWSING I WOULD LIKE TO DO. NOW, AS YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR THOMAS, THERE IS SOME CONFUSION, WHICH NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO UNTANGLE SO FAR. THE THOMAS THEY FIRST PUT CELIA AS BEING MARRIED TO SEEMS TO HAVE HAD A WIFE EUNICE HUBBARD AND FAMILY. THERE WAS A WILL THAT TURNED UP IN DELAWARE. SO YOU WILL SEE THAT DANIEL BORN IN 1868, IS GIVEN AS BEING MARRIED TO ELIZABETH HUTCHENS, AROUND DAVIE CO NORTH CAROLINA, IS CLAIMED TO BE THE SON OF BOTH EUNICE HUBBARD AND CELIA STEELMAN. NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND WITHOUT DEFINITE PROOF. SO FAR, HAVE NOT SEEN A DEATH DATE FOR EUNICE HUBBARD, SO DO NOT KNOW IF SHE WAS ALIVE WHEN WILL WAS PROVED OR NOT. THIS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN THE RIGHT THOMAS CAIN. THERE WAS ONE IN ROWAN CO. NORTH CAROLINA CENSUS OF 1790 WITH THREE SMALL SONS, SO THERE WAS A THOMAS IN THE AREA FOR THAT PERIOD OF TIME. WHO HE BELONGED TO WE MAY NEVER KNOW. THE NAME SPELLINGS WERE NOT ALWAYS THE SAME BACK THEN. THERE WAS A MATHIAS CAINE IN ROWAN CO. AREA. (26 COUNTIES AND PART OF TENNESSEE WERE CARVED FROM THE ORIGINAL ROWAN CO.) WHEN DOING THE MATHIAS STEELMAN PEDIGREE, FATHER WAS PETER AND MOTHER GERTRUDE KEEN STEELMAN. FOLLOWING THE LINE DOWN FROM GERTRUDE OF GARTA FIND MATHIAS WITH SON MATHIAS WHO MARRIED HANNAH JACKSON THEN SUSANNE JACKSON THEN ANOTHER. MAY BE POSSIBLE THAT THOMAS WAS FROM THIS LINE AND MAYBE RELATED TO STEELMAN ON BOTH SIDES. CANNOT FIND ENOUGH DATES TO MAKE ANY HEADWAY AT THIS TIME. OH, WELL, JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW WHERE THE STUMBLING BLOCK IS AND MAYBE SOMEONE WILL FINALLY FIND THE MISSING LINKS. CHILDREN OF THOMAS AND CELIA HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS DANIEL 1868, BENJAMIN, 1770, JOHN, 1773, RUTH 1775, THEN GEORGE 1785 AND CATHERINE 1786. STILL A LOT OF DIGGING TO DO! GOOD TO HAVE HELP!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions