Search for content in message boards

Clayton Collum born 1829 SC

Clayton Collum born 1829 SC

William Jeter (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2001 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Collum
Seeking descendants of Clayton Collum, b. abt 1829, SC and Margaret? Collum, b. abt 1828, Union Dist. SC. Will share.

Re: Clayton Collum born 1829 SC

DYNANCE2 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2008 12:03PM GMT
Surnames: COLLUM, SALTER, NANCE
I am descended from Clayton and Margaret Collum of Union County, SC. I have been trying to fill in some blanks for the Collum Family. I'm related through their oldest child, Sarah Frances Collum, b. 1847-1930, who married James Henry Nance. They lived in the Fish Dam, Santuc, Carlyle area of Union County. Sara Collum Nance had daughter, Alice Mary, who had son, Malcolm Ernest Nance, who had son William Hugh Nance, who had daughter----me. Still trying to locate documentation of Margaret Collum's maiden name as to whether it is Salter, Sartor, or Martis.

Will exchange info.

JudyHusted44 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2012 8:58PM GMT
I apologize if I have already sent you a message but I didn't know and I know were are related so I will go ahead and try again. I have an old picture of I believe Clayton & Margaret Collum. I would love to send this picture to you and see if you can confirm it is them. My father's cousin confirms she thinks it is them. Let me know, Judy

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 10:16PM GMT
I have a picture of Clayton & Margaret Martis Salter Collum. He was my gggrandfather. Judy

DYNANCE2 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2012 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: COLLUM, NANCE
Hi Judy,

I would be glad to have a photo of Clayton and Margaret Collum, but I cannot confirm as to whether it is the actual persons because I have no idea what they look like.

I am curious that you know of a person who has some idea that the photo is of them, and that this person is still living. How does your source know what they look like?

Do you have any idea where the photo came from? Any info will be appreciated.

Dollie Nance
Descendant of James Henry Nance, married Sarah Frances Collum in Union County, SC.

email address: dnance2@ec.rr.com

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 3:25PM GMT
The source is from a cousin of my Dad's but is my age. She was a very late in life child. She has done lots of Collum research (her mom was a Collum) and actually has another picture of them so knew that was them when she saw mine. I have no idea where the picture came from. It was in a closet at my Mothers house when I packed them up to move them to Big Spring with us. That was in 2008 and she had had it for years. I think it is a pencil or charcoal drawing. It's about 12x17. It is on a kind of canvas type board and is broken from top to bottom on the right side but does not go into the picture. I hope to find someone who can restore it.

My line goes:
William Collum - 1745
Uriah Collum - 1758
Vincent E. Collum - 1776
Clayton Collum - 1822
Charles Simpson Collum - 1858
Nunon Franklin Collum - 1894
Cecil Collum - 1918 - My dad
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions