about 1930 there was a McCammon homestead in
Derrydrummack,Aghaderg Parish,County Down,Ireland that was
occupied by one Maureen McCammon.

Any help Will be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: McCammon

jessica mccammon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2001 10:55PM GMT
Classification: Birth
i am matthew mccammon's 7th great granddaughter. please e-mail me!

esmccameron (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2003 2:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 11:26PM GMT
I have your John and James in my line in York Co. SC and Chester District in 1800's. Please contact me at esmccameron@aol.com...........Lets look at this. Matthew and Martha are listed as parents of John.

louisegh (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2007 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: McCammon
I have a sketch of the "Old McCammon Homestead" in Derrydrummack, Parish of Aghaderg, County Down, Ireland. This sketch was made by a McCammon "cousin" from the note on the back of the sketch. My McCammon line came into PA, then next found in western VA, later in East TN, the typical path of the Ulster Scots. I am searching for the location of Derrydrummack. I cannot find it on any current maps of Ireland. Louise

T_McCammonBeck (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2008 8:31PM GMT
Hi, I am the granddaughter of Tom McCammon, Wilcox County, Alabama. Not sure of dates for birth/death but story handed down through the years was his grandfather migrated from Tennesee to Alabama. My father was Frank McCammon, 24 Aug, 1926 - 10 Oct, 1986. I have recently met online a Frank McCammon who lives here in the Dallas, TX area who mentioned his father was one of five brothers and I believe they are the brothers mentioned in Ted Brown's email. Will you share a copy of the homestead please? Would love to connect all these dots.

iudebb (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2008 2:07PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2008 4:20PM GMT
How did you get the connection from Matthew to 1930 Maureen? I am a grandaughter to Mathhew in Dugger, In

RoyReynolds01 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2009 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: McCammon, Barclay
I live in Derrydrummuck in a house on the land owned for over 200 years by the Barclay family. There was a connection with the McCammon family of Donacloney but I'm not sure of it. I'd love a copy of the picture of the McCammon homestead.
Thanks.

RoyReynolds01 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2009 9:34PM GMT
Extracts from Glascar Presbyterian Church Birth/Baptismal Records:
1813 Feb 7 Sarah 2d dau to John McCammon Derrydrummoch
May 2 Agness 2d dau to Joseph McAmmon Dereymuch
1815 March 19 James 1st son to John Mc ammon Derreydramuck
1817 Feb 16 Elisebeth 2d dau to John Mc ammon D.dramuch
Nov 6 James 1st son to Joseph M'ammon D.dramuch
1819 M'ammon Agness 4th dau to John in Derreydramuck Born 10th Febr. Bapt. 5 [March]
1821 M'amon John second son to John in Derrydramuck Born the 27th of June 1821 Baptised the12th of July do.
M'ammon John Main second son to Joseph in Derydramuck Born the 16th of Novr. 1821.
1823 M'ammon Shusana 5th dau to John in Derrydramuck Born July 1823 & was Baptised.
M'ammon Margret 3rd dau to Joseph in Derrydramuck Born 5th Decr. 1823 & was Baptised
1825 M'Cammon Margt. 6th dau to John of Derrydrummock born 1st June, bapt.19th July.
1828 M'Camon Hugh Wallace 3d son to John of Derrydrummuck born 5th March 1828.
Original spelling used.
When the Griffiths Valuation was carried out James and Hugh McCammon were the only McCammon's holding land in Derrydrummuck.
Roy

iudebb (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2009 11:53PM GMT
I am of the Matthew McCammon family, looking for info in Ireland or Scotland? Can you help. I will share any info I have here. thanks

iudebb (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2009 12:09AM GMT
Matthew McCammon my grandfather died in 10/6/1841 in Carlisle, Indiana. I have no history before the war on him, except his birth 1756 in antrin ireland. do you have anything.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions