Search for content in message boards

Prentiss/Prentice Hosmer

Prentiss/Prentice Hosmer

Gwen Aliferis (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2005 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hosmer
Does anyone know if Prentice/Prentiss was baptized? My limited information has him born in Avon, Livington Co., Ny in 1790/1, he is the son of Graves Hosmer. Does anyone have any information regarding their religion. Perhaps there might be church records available. Maybe land records as well. I am looking for information linking the son with the father.
Anything would be of great help. If anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them. Thank you.

Re: Prentiss/Prentice Hosmer

J. (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2006 4:17PM GMT
I am interested in the same information as you.
I searched "Dogpile" and found a site, Hosmer Pike, with the following....
A-1-1-1-1-3-11 Prentice Hosmer - baptised February 2, 1752
I haven't pursued it yet but if you make progress from this, please post. Thanks.

motherjudy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2007 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: HOSMER, BROWN, CLAPSATTLE
Is this the same Prentice HOSMER who who married Ellen BROWN? If it is, they had a daughter Clara HOSMER who married William CLAPSATTLE. I would like info on the HOSMER family, and if this is the same HOSMER family, would like to know where they were living and how Clara got to Niagara County, NY. Clara was born abt. 1835.

JohnSands1939 (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2008 1:13AM GMT
Reviewing my family records in FamilyTreeMaker, I find that Prentiss Hosmer was born in 1790 in New London, CT, the first child of Graves Hosmer and Amy Congdon, and died 11 Feb 1846 in Niagra, NY.
I believe that Graves and family moved to Avon, Livingston, New York at 1798 or so, as the rest of their children born after that date were born in Avon.
Prentiss's younger brother,Stephen Rogers Hosmer, was my great-great grandfather.
I can't be sure of Prentiss's religion, but I do know that the first Hosmers to cross the Atlantic from Kent, England, were members of the Church of England.
I have more on the Hosmers, but likely you have the same.
John Sands
San Diego, California
619 224-8558

newfane1967 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2008 2:32PM GMT
I continue to search for the same link.....
newfane1967@yahoo.com

newfane1967 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2009 9:26PM GMT
I never found primary sources for the Graves/Prentiss connection. I hired researchers in Avon and CT, but nothing came up. I am being considered for a lineage society based on circumstantial evidence which includes information from secondary (local history) sources. Thought you would want to know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions