Search for content in message boards

Dietzman Cemetery

Dietzman Cemetery

spedlaw (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2009 7:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

My wife is a descendant of Johann Christlieb Dietzmann. Today we made the trek to Mifflin and couldn't find the cemetery! Could anyone who has been there tell me what I should be looking for and what side of the road it's on?

Thanks much!

Rod Marty (rod@tds.net)

Re: Dietzman Cemetery

ddrhodes23 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2009 1:42PM GMT
I visited this cemetery by accident last July. I was actually looking for the Mifflin Cemetery which isn't far from the Dietzmann Cemetery. I wasn't driving but if my memory is correct - go thru Mifflin heading east. I think the main drag in Mifflin is Hwy E. As soon as you get to the edge of town (down a hill) turn right on Mifflin Rd. Follow this along a creek bottom maybe a half mile and the road will start up a hill thru some curves. Going up the hill on the left is the cemetery. It is in a wooded area but is right on the road and is mowed. You can't miss it if I gave you the correct name of the road. (98% sure). Maybe someone else will respond but if not, this should get you there. There is no name on the cemetery that I saw but the number of Dietzmann stones told me the name of the cemetery.

Good Luck

virgil1934 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2009 12:29AM GMT
The directions you were given look good. It is locted 1 mile south of Mfflin on township road, keep on right fork 1/2 mile, cemetery on bank on left, in the SE corner of section 33 on Lower Mifflin Rd. It is called Dietzman Cemetery.
I have the cemetery inscriptions for the cemetery.
vmatz@tds.net

jcday4482 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2009 7:20PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
This cemetery is now the Rewey-Dietzman cemetery. It is adjacent to my parents' land and we have formed a cemetery association, re-surveyed and keep it maintained.
A sign will be up soon, so it will be more noticeable as you travel on Lower Mifflin Road. If you go north from Rewey on County G, take a right on Lower Mifflin Rd. It's about 3/4 of a mile on the right (south) side of the road.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions