Search for content in message boards

Miles Ledford Langely 1800 - Isham Langely Sr. and Jr.

Miles Ledford Langely 1800 - Isham Langely Sr. and Jr.

mattkingtut (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2013 4:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Langley
So I've hit a wall on Miles Ledford Langely born in 1800 in North Carolina. It looks like there's an Isham Langely Jr. and Sr. born 1740 and 1760 that may be relatives or ancestors.

Does anyone have any further information on this line, thanks :)

Re: Miles Ledford Langely 1800 - Isham Langely Sr. and Jr.

mattkingtut (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2013 4:39AM GMT
btw it seems I'm a direct paternal descendant, I'm still learning about the different DNA tests and projects out there, but if anyone knows anyone trying to identify this through DNA testing please share any information you may have.

Re: Miles Ledford Langely 1800 - Isham Langely Sr. and Jr.

cdakotagreen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2014 3:29PM GMT
Im a great-great granddaughter of Joseph Butler Langley. I don't have all of my info in front of me but Im positive your Miles Ledford is in the same family...I think he may have been a brother to my Joseph and their father was probably also a Miles. Id have to go thru a ton of papers to find it. But, they all lived in Clark County, Arkansas. There is a lot of documentation on the Langleys in Clark County. Census records, land records, burials, etc. They were a large family. My Joseph, also known as JB, himself had about 14 children with three different wives. One of Joseph's sons is also named Miles. There is also an Isom..also spelled Isham..and an Isom Paul Langley. Look in the census records for Clark County in the 1850, 1860 and 1870 census and later. My Joseph died in 1881,he was born around 1823. The Langleys came to Arkansas from GA/NC and some of them who were here ended up in Louisiana and Texas. I live here in Arkansas, there are lots of Langley descendents. Research Clark County and especially the towns of Arkadelphia and Gurdon and surrounding areas. You will probably find what you are looking for, and then some.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions