judy1pardon (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 3:38PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:29PM GMT
i have info on robert locklears descendant generations 1-7

Robert Locklear

JLocklear0797 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 6:22AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:31PM GMT
Judy, was your Robert born circa 1700? I have been searching for years for my GGGGrandfather's parents. Have a good record from early 1800's to present day.He was Ducan Locklear born 1781 NC. He was in Marlboro county, SC erly 1800's. Associated families were Quicks and Turners.

robert locklear

judy1pardon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 4:24PM GMT
robert locklear born about 1700 died 5-24-1749 he married sarah children are john- major- margret- mary- rachel-sarah i have a robert locklear born 1753 died 1834 married charlotte quick roberts father was major locklear born 1733

robert locklear 1775

judy1pardon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 5:04PM GMT
robert locklear 1775 father john mother elizebeth grandfather robert locklear 1738 wife rhoda mud quick father acquilla quick mother ma quickrobert and rhoda had 4 kids willie mary ann peggy besty hope this will help you out

locklear family

judy1pardon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 8:11PM GMT
i am looking for inf on patsy locklear born 1823 died 1-10-1917 married levi locklear pastys father was aaron locklear mother sarah sabra emanuel i would lik info on pastys children

Robert Locklear

docklock (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 3:29AM GMT
To Judy Pardon: Would like to know the source of your information,stating that the wife of Robert Locklear was Sarah....Beady Locklear married John Brooks Jr.on 2/27/1846.Iwill have information on her later.

Robert Locklear

docklock (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 8:43PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 3:29AM GMT
Really looking for the information that Robert's wife's name was Sarah.
E-mail donnielocklear@aol.com

Re: robert locklear

S. Lochala (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 5:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Judy,
I am related to the Lockelaire's of Marlborough Co., SC and I am interested in the Robert Locklair that you mention married charlotte quick and died in 1834. This could be a piece I've been looking for. Would you by chance have any info. on where he died? I have a Robert Lockelear/Locklier/? that sold several tracts of land to the Quick family in 1812-13 that might be related to the Joseph Lockeleare that I have directly tied my family to his lineage. Any info. you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stacey

Glen Locklear (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2002 2:57AM GMT
I am related to your family and I have lots of info, email me at Gtl957@cs.com.

SueHorn96 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 7:59PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2003 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Lockliers, Turners, Quick, Thomas, Barrentine, Sweats, Banks, etc.
Hello, I am a Quick researcher with ties to the Locklier lines. I have Charlotte Quick d/o Aquilla Quick md to Robert Locklier and have just started research on this line. Can you tell me more about the Robert Locklier lines. I am copy the will of Charlotes dad for you This may explain the land transactions.
Will of Aquilla Quick
In the name of God amen, I Aquilla Quick of the District of Marlbough and State aforesaid (Planter) being very sick and weak of body, but of perfect mind and memory, thanks be given to God, calling unto mind the mortality of my body and that all men are once to die, do make and ordain this my last will and testament; and first of all I give and recommend my soul to Almighty God, who gave it, and my body to the earth to be buried in a decent Christian burial at the discretion of my Executors, and touching such worldly affairs as God has been pleased to blefts me with in this life, I give, demise and dispose of the same in the following manner and form.
FIRST, I give and bequeath to my youngest daughter Ann all that track or parsel of land lying on the North side of Crooked Creek containing three hundred acres (more or less) being all I prossess on the north side of Creek, together with half my household furniture and two negro girls Ella and Maria and my stock of cattle on said north side Crooked creek and two horses and half my stock of hogs.
To my daughter Mercy, I give and bequeath five hundred acres know by the name of the cow pens, and the other half of my household furniture and two negro girls known as Lucy and Hannah and the stock of cattle on the above land and two horses and the other half of my hogs.
To my son Stephen, the plantation where on he now lives, containing three hundred acres.
To my nephew Zachariah Quick, I bequeath the plantation hereon he now lives, containing one hundred acres, and
to my own begotten children Judith Viner, Nancy Chavis, Charlotte Lochlier and Aquilla Quick, I bequeath one hundred acres of land each, in the fork of Lightwood Knott and Crooked Creek, to be marked off and divided among them by my Executors.
To my Grandson Lodowick, (Aquilla's Son) I give my upper plantation know by my home place, containing , one hundred acres more or less and a negro girl named Mace, and
to my Grandson Tristram, Stephens son I give my negro boy named Allen., and to all my other children not mentioned above and to James Quick my Grandchild, I give and bequeath all the remaining part of my property not given or bequeathed above, to be equally divide among them by my Executors and moreover
I appoint my son Stephen Quick and Thomas Quick my sole and lawful executors. And I do hereby utterly disavow, revoke and disannul all and every other testaments wills, legacies, bequeaths and Executors, by me before now in my life named willed, bequeath or appointed, ratifying and confirming this my and only this to be my last will and testament.

In witness where of I here unto set my hand and seal, this day of A.D. 1813 in the 37th year of
the Independence of American , signed, sealed, published and by P. Aquilla Quick as his last
Will and Testament in the presence of us
The above property to be kept entire and at my own disposal till after my
Death
Aquilla (x) Quick
Noah Whitington March 2, 1813
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions