Search for content in message boards

Marshall-King 1820s

Marshall-King 1820s

uklacrosse1 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2002 4:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2004 9:55PM GMT
I am researching an Enoch Marshall who married a Sarah King in 1829 in Harrison Co., KY. I'm looking for Enoch's father. Enoch was born in 1807, I believe in Harrison Co. He had several children in Harrison Co. and then moved to Pendleton Co. after 1850. Any connection with this Marshall-King line in Harrison Co. would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Marshall-King 1820s

DEBRA11506 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2006 7:50PM GMT
IF HAVE LATER RELATIVES ENOCH'S SON GEORGE MARRIED MARY IGOO-THEIR DAUGHTER SARAH ELIZABETH MARRIED THOMAS GARRISON WHITAKER-ARE MY GGRANDPARENTS-IF YOU WANT MORE DETAILS EMAIL ME AT DEBRABKING@YAHOO.COM

oggiedoggie199 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2011 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: King, Marshall, Roberts
There are a lot of lines crossing in this family:Roberts, King, Marshall. Two of my great grandfather's daughters (by a second marriage) married into the Marshall family...Sylvia King married Batson (Bat) Marshall and Lottie Belle King married George Thomas Marshall. Both were sons of George P. Marshall. His mother was Sarah King who was married to Enoch Marshall. Sarah was the daughter of Daniel King and Jane Frye. Daniel and Jane also had a daughter named Eliza King who married David Roberts (b. in S.C.). Eliza and David had a son Daniel Roberts (married to Sarah Elizabeth Bradley) who had a daughter, Melinda Jane Roberts who married my great grandfather, Bryant King...his second marriage. This will give you something to wonder about. My email is poggiedoggie@yahoo.com. Thanks...will share more, Paula.

mrsmindyk (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2011 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Marshall, Pope
Hi, I am looking for the parents/family of my ggggrandmother, Susan A. "Sudie" Marshall. She was born about 1833 in Kentucky and married my ggggrandfather, Anthony S. Pope, on May 25, 1859 in Harrison County, KY. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Mindy Maines Richie
msmindyr@yahoo.com

DEBRABROWNKING (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2011 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: MARSHALL, DOAN, WHITAKER
I'M WORKING ON DOAN-MARSHALL MARRIAGE ON MOTHER'S SIDE & MARSHALL-WHITAKER ON MY FATHER'S SIDE-DON'T KNOW IF THY'RE RELATED OR NOT-SOME INFO REALLY HARD TO COME BY-ALL OF THESE WERE HARRISON CO KY -NOT ALOT OF INFO ON MARSHALLS

kwillking_1 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2011 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: king marshall campbell?
hi ,harrison kin....on these marshalls'....are they the marshalls from england to maryland 1650ish, to the northern neck of va, king george co,.... to fauquier co va....then on to harrison co ky circa 1813?...

the other marshalls' are the more famous, the kin of the chief justice....but the 2 families are not blood related..

i'm a king,........ again,.... not of the more documented/famous, joshua king family in harrison co. circa 1800/ joshua king sr. died 1802 ,harrison co ky/...but the lesser documented kings, also, from fauquier co va....the 2 families are, also, not blood related.....

..our kings...joseph morgan king ,married elizabeth boon marshall in 1805 fauquier, his brother ,henry king, married elizabeth's sister, nancy marshall, also in fauquier....their brother daniel m king lived in fauquier, married, had a large family ,moved thru ,harrison co ky before settling in mason co ky.....and, then on again to , menard ,illinois...

..the marshall family et. al./ we kings/ moved to harrison co by 1815, with old george marshall the father of the brood/ died 1835, harrison co ky./....they lived on sycamore creek, outside of cynthiania....

i don't know enoch marshall. i think he maybe of the more famous marshalls..does anyone have info on my marshalls and kings?...thank you so much....kevin

1_jd_marshall (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2013 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Marshall-King
Any Marshall's or King's related to this line (Enoch Marshall - b. 1807 or Daniel King -b. 1783): I'm a direct descendant of Enoch via Joshua/William/Homer. Am planning a couple days of visit/research into Harrison/Pendleton/Bourbon counties, and would like to say hello. Drop me a line at john 6833@cox.net. Timeframe is 5-9 July.
-John Marshall
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions