Search for content in message boards

Help

Help

bluedog4222 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2011 3:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Iam looking for the any info on a thomas and letty Mcfarland Thomas was born abt 1800 and letty was born abt 1804,They may have been from new york as it seems that the rest of my Mcfarland Ancestors are so if anyone has anything about the mcfarland's I would be so indebted
Thanks

Re: Help

DonaldandPam (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2011 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: McFarland
I have McFarland as a GGMother and she and her family came from NC, SC and Va. Expand your search past NY. Unfortunantly I do not have the names that you stated. BTW, are you aware of the many, many spellings of the name of this clan? Spellings of the name change with the origins of the clans.....

Re: Help

LynnetteMarx (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2012 4:46AM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2012 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: McFarland Coffey Pence Bentz Standard
Hello BD...

Take a look at my family tree information:

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/6709803/family

Browse up the chain following Whm Henry McFarland and his paternal ancestors as such; you should hit what I've managed to find about Thomas and Lettie, but I don't have too much more information other than listed, except I suspect that Thomas MAY have come from Washington County, NY... or was born there... or set up roots there after he emigrated. They then moved to Sterling, Cayuga Co., NY.

Lettie (short for Leticia, I believe...) had a surname of McFadden. If you look at census records of Sterling (also seen as Red Creek or Red Cord, Cayuga, NY), you can see that the McFadden's and McFarlands live close together and ingtermingle as such.

My (my wife's that is...) lineage moved westward to oregon in 1890's, with William Henry McFarland marrying Nancy Bell(e) Coffey.

Hope that this has helped. How are you related to Thomas? Perhaps we can help each other? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Robert Marx Jr.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions