Search for content in message boards

Early family migration into Emanuel County

Early family migration into Emanuel County

Billie583 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2012 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for the ancestry of the following "original citizens" of Emanuel County. Here they are as reported in the 1820 census for the County: Assa Bayley, Shadrick Bayly, Elijah Beasley, Aron Bennet, Emanuel Bennet, John Benris, Esther Boyles, Lanier Brady, Miller Brady, Moulton brady, Hardin Brock, Britton Brown, Anthony Burrell.

This is an effort to gather information on early family migration that, when published, should aid Emanuel County family history researchers. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Max Theo Johns Sr. PhD

Re: Early family migration into Emanuel County

CarolinGa (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2012 12:35AM GMT
Elijah Daniel Beasley was a brother of my 2great-grandmother, Mildred Amelia Beasley who married Rev. Robert Thompson. He was born about 1796 in S.C., probably Darlington District. He moved with his parents, William Beasley and Rachel Robinette, to Montgomery/Emanuel probably between 1810 and 1820. He married Rebecca Barnes. I am not sure who William Beasley's parents were. After doing my own research on the Beasleys, I do not believe that his parents have yet been properly identified, nor those of his wife, Rachel Robinette. William was born about 1767 in N.C. and died about 1850 in Emanuel County, Ga.
Britton Brown was born about 1785, probably in the area of present day Montgomery/Emanuel. I believe that he was related to my 4great-grandfather, Henry Sylvester Brown. Henry was born about 1770 in probably this same area. Henry is listed as a Revolutionary War pensioner from Emanuel County. He and Britton were both listed as early members of Scull Creek Baptist Church, which was established in 1804 in Bulloch County, Ga - a church which became Hebron and became a part of Emanuel County. Their father possibly from N.C. Britton's wife may have been Nancy Taylor.

Re: Early family migration into Emanuel County

Billie583 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2012 2:10PM GMT
Thank you. Just the kind of response I need for the research. MTJ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions