Search for content in message boards

Canadian Toth Families

Canadian Toth Families

Jeannette (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2001 6:54PM GMT
I am assembling family history on Toth family members who did or may have emmigrated to Canada or vice versa (to the USA)

Any and all information one may have with respect to their cousins, grand-parents, etc. would be most appreciated. After all, we are a rather substantial bunch.

Toth

Brenda (toth) Loranger (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 2:34PM GMT
I don't know much about my family history. My grandfather was Charles Edward Toth. He was born in 1909 in Hungary and went to Leask, Saskatchewan, Canada around 1925. I know nothing of his brothers or sisters or if he had any. Grandpa was born on May 14, 1909 and past away May 13, 1979. He had married Margaret Barsi. They had 4 children: Edward, Herbert, Marg, and Raymond. If anyone has any info that might help me find out more. Please, contact me at brelor236@hotmail.com Thanks. Have a great day!

Re: Canadian Toth Families

Allan (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Toth, Kovac, Herlinger
I am told that the children of John Toth and Anna Kovach from Hungary moved to British Columbia. One of their daughters, Anna Laura Toth (7/24/1897), moved to Bethlehem, PA. She was married to Lewis Herlinger (11/24/1897) and had a son Louis Herlinger (11/27/1917). Any assistance/information you can supply would be appreciated.

Snowwhites_here (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2007 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Toth, Turk, Vagner
My father, Ference Toth, was born May 8, 1939, in Gava-Vencsello, Hungary. He came to Toronto, Canada about 1957. His father was Ference Toth, born about 1911 in Balsa, Szabolcs, Hungary and died 1969 in Buj, Hungary.
His mother was Margret Turk, born about 1909 and died 1972, also in Buj, Hungary.
My fathers only brothers name was Jozsef and only sisters names is Margret.
I do believe my grandparents names were Ference Toth and Berta Vagner, but am not positive. I would love to find out if there is anyone with any other information on these names.

FredSchenker (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2010 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cserney, halancsak, toth, schenker
I have some information on the Toth family from Erie, PA.Steve Toth married Bertha Halancsak. They lived on west 15th street. They had 3 sons Stephen, Joseph, and John. Bertha was the sister of my Maternal Grandmother Mary Cserney Halancsak. If you think this is a match maybe we can share information. My Cousin John Toth said he has relatives in Ontario, Canada. The Balla family fits in here somewhere also.

looking forward to hear from you.

Fred Schenker
Gettysburg, Pa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions