Search for content in message boards

frambes,decker(dekker),ryerson

frambes,decker(dekker),ryerson

verchielsangel55 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2010 8:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: frambes/decker(dekker)/ryerson
looking for info on these families from holland; martin ryerson, peter john frambes b:1723; came to US in 1752 on a ship called the phoenix; and the decker(dekker) family. any help i would be grateful for. respectfully,anne frmpus(frambes)

Re: frambes,decker(dekker),ryerson

tazaroo11 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2010 5:56AM GMT
I have Ryerson to Decker in my tree. I'm not the best at this, but hope you can follow.
Martin Ryerson m. Annetje Rarelie(sp). Their child was Frans Ryerson. He m. Jannette Dey. Their child was George F Ryerson who m. Mary R White. Their child was Anna Ryerson who married Abraham Luke. They had a child Named Jane Luke that married James (Jacobus Vandever "Cobe") Decker.

You can e-mail me at tazaroo1@yahoo.com. Willing to share info.

Harrie Lamers (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2010 7:33PM GMT
That is a puzzle: the Phoenix departed from Rotterdam 1752 with German passengers http://www.progenealogists.com/palproject/pa/1752phoe1.htm
But no passengers with the name Frambes, Decker, Dekker, Ryerson.
Moreover: Decker may be also German; Dekker is Dutch. Frambes is not Dutch; Ryerson is French, though it sounds English. Frambes is a name from France, and also in French Canada (http://www.geneanet.org/)
Ryerson is French. The families came from Holland: yes they embarked in Rotterdam.

tazaroo11 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2010 2:28AM GMT
I have a Martin Ryerson (1600's). And a grandson to him as Martin (abt 1760). The first Martin Ryerson came over before 1663. He was married here in 1663 to Annetje Joris Rapelje. Both Martin and Annetje were from Amsterdam. And a note I have is the he is originally French Huguenot, but left before the reformation. It also says that Ryerson might be Norwegin before that.

The second Martin Ryerson was born abt 1760. And lived in Wanaque, Bergen Co., New Jersey. I don't have any more info on him. His sister Ann married a Luke. Their daughter Jane married James Decker.

If any of this sounds familiar, please contact me at tazaroo1@yahoo.com I have a bit more information on both the first Martin, and some of the Deckers.

verchielsangel55 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2010 4:02PM GMT
thank you this is the line i also have for the decker clan. what i looking for is to find out if frampus is really phrambes. the connection factor here is hard from over there and the name has been changed so many times. i can't find the origion of it. respectfully,cathy

tazaroo11 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2010 6:36PM GMT
Thanks. I am working on James Decker. Trying to find his parents. Someone had thought it was Peter, but, there is no concrete info leading to a Peter. There are James and Peter Deckers, but the places are not right, at least that I have found. Also think that our "Peter" may have come from the Netherlands shortly before James was born. Have a lot of info to James, but from him on, nothing.

Thanks again, Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions