Search for content in message boards

Col. Andrew Hampton, NC Militia, Revolutionary War

Col. Andrew Hampton, NC Militia, Revolutionary War

Frank Alan Willis (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 11:04AM GMT
I am a descendant of William Gutridge Garland, another North Carolina militia member, and also of Colonel Hampton (appointed Captain in 1776, Colonel NC militia at Kings Mountian, NC). Colonel Hampton was William's father-in-law (and hence the desire to serve in the army, I guess).

I would like to know more about Colonel Hampton and his ancestors, especially his royal ties, if any, and his ancestors' service in any prior wars or conflicts in Europe and abroad.

Thanks for the info.

william gutridge garland

penny (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2000 9:21PM GMT
aloha frank: i just wanted to say thanks to you and my cousin
i found out that williams gutridge garland is my 4xgreat grand daddy.
i have but one more question. who was his daddy and mammy? many many thanks: p.

Re: Col. Andrew Hampton, NC Militia, Revolutionary War

skavboke (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2009 4:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hampton, Garland
Which daughter was Garland married to?

BVRPLSR69 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2011 11:41PM GMT
I AM A DIRECT DESCENDANT OF COL.ANDREW.
AS FAR AS I KNOW,HE HAD NO ROYAL TIES.
I HAVE HIS FAMILY LINE BACK TO 1617 IN SCOTLAND,DOWN TO ME.PLUS MANY SIDE LINES.

jepley38 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2012 6:42PM GMT
You may be interested in a book about the battle of Kings Mountain in which Col Hampton is prominently featured. Although a historical novel, I have tried to give him the recognition that history seems to have ignored. You can get "A Passel of Hate" on Amazon.

I am also working with artist Thomas Kelly Pauley (www.pauleyportraits.com)to produce a portrait of Hampton. Since no known sketch or portrait exists, Mr Pauley is seeking photos of about 100 direct descents so he can find some common features in order to create the likeness.

Please contact me via email for more direct info or on my website www.epleywrites.com.

BVRPLSR69 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2012 10:24PM GMT
thank you kindly for the info.

Lynn_Hampton72 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2012 5:35PM GMT
Surnames: Hampton
Can you share your family line on Col. Andrew Hampton. I am trying to confirm if he is in my line and I'm trying to determine my immigrant ancestor.
Also, do you have any information on Andrew's grandson John (b:1754, d: 1805 in North Carolina) and John's son Isaiah (b: 1912 d: 1886)?
I'm actually trying to confirm the father of William S. Hampton (b:1827, d:1875 TN) who has been listed as Isaiah and a Jeremiah Hampton.
thanks you for any help you can give me.
Lynn

katiecahall (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2013 7:40PM GMT
I believe that we are related. If you are talking about Andrew Hampton who was killed by the NC Honor Guard, then we should be.

He was my 5th great grandfather.....

Andrews daughter, Susannah, her son William, his daughter Ruby, her son Royden...

wwebber (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2013 12:46AM GMT
Did Col. Hampton have a son named Jesse?
He is my ancestor, but I have no idea who his parents are, but he was born 1790 in North Carolina and died in 1863 Marion County, SC.
I found a Jesse Hampton who mar. Teresa Tolson 11 Sep 1810 in Craven County, NC and a Jesse Hampton who was in the War of 1812 in Captain Minor Huntington's Company, 2 Regiment (Tisdale's) NC Militia. But I don't know if this is my Jesse Hampton.
Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
Kathie W.

Larry Cochran (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2014 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Hamptons
Could/Would you share Colonel Hampton's family line information you have at hand please? He is my 7th great grandfather on my mother's side. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions