Search for content in message boards

Applegarth and Lochmaben, Scotland ^Jardines

stefie2k14 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2006 6:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Jardin, Jardine
Janice Happy New Year. By the way do you have the children of Thomas and Mary?

I have Thomas born same year as the couples marriage not a problem but so many thomas and John and James in this family.

Hope that we can connect. Are you in USA or abroad?

Re: Applegarth and Lochmaben, Scotland ^Jardines

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2006 1:34PM GMT
Yes, their children are listed on my last 31 December posting to the previous link of yours.

I am in Australia.

So, far I can't see a direct link, but I have no doubt they were all related as it was a small area.

I have info on the origins of the clan and Jardine name and have their tartan, if you are interested.

Hope 2006 is good to you. Janice

stefie2k14 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2006 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Jardin, Jardine
Janice I am writing to you from San Diego, California
Listed below is the family I am looking into. In particular I am looking at Thomas who was born 1813. I am searching for records of his baptism in Applegarth. Also, any information on the deaths of his syblings. I may have a good portion l of the information to add to this for the family in the United States

2. Thomas JARDINE was born 4 FEB 1782 in ** bapt Applegarth, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died 28 FEB 1865 in ** Hartfield Cottage, Johnstone Parish, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. He was the son of 4. James JARDINE and 5. Elspeth RODGERSON.

3. Mary GIBSON was born Bef 1785 in **, and died 3 NOV 1839 in ** Beebinklees, Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.

Children of Mary GIBSON and Thomas JARDINE are: i. Sarah JARDINE was born 9 NOV 1805 in ** Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died 2 APR 1876 in ** Hartfield Cottage, Johnstone Parish, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. She married William COWAN Aft 1823 in **. He was born 1803 in **, and died 1 DEC 1883 in ** Hartfield Cottage, Johnstone Parish, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.
ii. James JARDINE was born 20 OCT 1809 in ** Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died Deceased in **. He married Jane IRVING 30 DEC 1842 in ** Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. She was born Bef 1822 in **, and died Deceased in **.
iii. William Alexander JARDINE was born 28 AUG 1811 in ** Applegarth, Dumfriesshire, Scotland [8], and died 8 JUN 1886 in ** Edinburgh, Scotland. He married Anne JARDINE in **, daughter of James JARDINE and Margaret MCGEE. She was born 1825 in ** Edinburgh, Scotland, and died 21 MAR 1864 in ** Edinburgh, Scotland.
1. iv. Thomas JARDINE was born 19 NOV 1813 in ** Applegarth, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died Deceased in **.
v. Elspeth Rodgerson JARDINE was born 4 AUG 1815 in ** Applegarth, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died 18 NOV 1830 in ** Beebinklees, Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.
vi. Mary JARDINE was born 9 NOV 1818 in ** Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died Deceased in **.
vii. John JARDINE was born 12 AUG 1820 in ** Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died Deceased in **.
viii. Jane JARDINE was born 20 JUN 1822 in ** Beebinklees, Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died 1870 in ** 531 Richmond St West. She married Robert BENNETT 21 MAR 1845 in ** Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. He was born Bef 1825 in **, and died Deceased in **.
ix. David JARDINE was born 23 OCT 1825 in Beebinklees, Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and died Deceased.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JamesECraig09 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2006 9:29AM GMT
Surnames: Jardine
Hi there.
I have a Jardine in that area though he may not be yours.
A Major Jardine was if I remember rightly, Headmaster at Holt School, Jardine Hall, Lockerbie. He was certainly there between 1956-1958 (was there myself!). He was not a young man then. The school was right close to Lochmaben. It is no more, but I cannot tell you when it closed. (Failing) Memory won't come up with any more details (at least just now).
I hope this may be of some interest.

Peter Bakker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2007 10:48AM GMT
Surnames: Jardine Rogerson Graham Bell
I have a connection with a John Jardine b.1761 m. to Agnes Graham b.1754 both of Applegarth, Dumfrieshire. John was one of at least four children ( others James, William, Jean (Jane)) born to Thomas Jardine b.1734 m. to Agnes Rogerson who had both come from Lockerbie.
Very keen to know if we are connected or you have info. i have a fair amount to share if there is a connection.
Regards Peter Bakker.Australia.

peterjardine_1 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2008 4:59PM GMT
Hello
Information from my collected records as below:

Thomas chr 19 Nov 1813, Dumfries
Married Jeanette Flood C1837, Pennyslvania Usa
Died 11 Jan 1863, Pelham, Westchester, New York
Siblings: (additional to your records)
James died C1885
Mary chr 15 Nov 1818, Lochmaben, Dumfries
John chr 13 Aug 1820, Lochmaben, Dumfries
(very quick christening, could indicate very ill)
David chr 30 Oct 1825, Lochmaben, Dumfries

James Jardine marriage to Jane Irving is also claimed for a James chr 22 Jun 1821 and a Thomas Jardine born C1817

I have some further information on James & Jeanettes family if you would like this, presumably this is your US family mentioned.

Pete

jennywill1 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2009 3:53PM GMT
Has anyone come across a Jean Jardine who married John McLillan (McLellan) in Lochmaben on 20 Feb 1770? This couple had a number of children (John 1770, James 1772 and William 1774 -- all in Lochmaben; plus George Creighton 1792 and William 1795 -- both in Closeburn. Possibly other sons David & Robert + a number of daughters. I am trying to determine if one of them could be my GGG-GF.
Thanks.

truebritmega (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2009 1:07AM GMT
what Id like to know... is is there a relationship between William Jardine 7th baronet 1800(applegarth) (my distant relative) and William Jardine 1784 (lochmaben) of jardine mattheson fame?

truebritmega (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2010 2:07PM GMT
I am looking for images of Jardine Hall and the other buildings on the estate... In My family tree I have Lady Helen Jardine b 1832, daughter of Sir William Jardine (Baronet) and would love to know more!!

Are there any photos of the buildings? I only discovered yesterday that the hall later became a school

chesser3_1 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2011 7:41PM GMT
I visited Jardine Hall in 2003. Ronald Jardine Cunningham is the Lord of the manner now...he has pictures...they blew the place up in the 60's...his mother was Jesse Jardine, his grandfather David Jardine...my mother Betty Jardine...grandfather...John Jardine, but I couldn't find a direct link to his family, although there must be some connection....I have some pix of the out buildings i could e-mail...my contact is chesser3@excite.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions