Search for content in message boards

Any Wollet info in PA

Wollet in PA

joanyoung365 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Aug 2001 3:08PM GMT
I checked some books I have looking for your Wollets and found the ship arrival record you refer to for the Richard and Elizabeth in 1733. I would imagine that Johannes Wollet, age 38, and Anna Margaretha Wollet, age 24, were probably husband and wife based on the other records I have found for them.

They show up in baptismal records in Montgomery County, PA, having a daughter, Margreth, baptised on 9 May 1736 where they are listed as Hans and Margreth Wolet. (New Goshenhoppen Reformed Church, Upper Hanover Township)

Hans and Anna Margretha Wollet later show up in the records of Jordan Lutheran Congregation in South Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, where their son Georg Adam Wollet was born 26 October 1742 and baptised there.

Hope this helps some.

Any Wollet info in PA

Melissa Wollet Burns (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Wollet
2 Wollets landed in Philadelphia, PA in 1733 on the Richard & Elizabeth ship. They must have scattered from there. They were great wanderers. My great, great, great grandfather Philip Wollet was found in the 1800 Dover Twp, York County PA census (last name spelled Wallet). Any help with any wollet would be appreciated!!!! I am stuck!!!

wolletme@gateway.net (last known contact address -- bounced on 5/27/01)

Wollet

Kathy Blanca (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WOLLET, MOYER, HERRING, RICHARDS, GRUBB, LYNN, FULWYLER, HANDWORK, OHL, CHARTER, ANDREWS, JOHNSTON, HARTER, MOSSER, FULWYLER, PARISH, SKINNER, MADDEN, VANdeWATER, EDGAR, GARDNER, McGINLEY, PRATT, SPORE, EDWARDS, CLARK, WALTHER, HARTMAN, CASE, CHASE, MAURER, HARTER, HAAS, GUCKER, SCHMIDT, MOSSER, OSWALD, GIESSLER, HOK, ESCH, PURCHASE, JUNGERT
I have a Phillip Wollet b. 1776 in PA I too am researching.
He would be my G-G-G-G-Grandfather. He died 9 Oct. 1836 and is buried in the Wollet Cemetary in Bath, OH., just outside of Lima, OH. He married Mary Herring b. 1774 d. July 1840.
They had 11 children. Michael, Daniel, Solomon(my G-G-G-Grandfather), Samuel, Lydia, Mary, Rebecca, Sarah, Catherine, Nancy and Elizabeth. Soloman married two Ridenour sisters and my G-G-G-Grandmother, Elizabeth Richards. 'Soloman Wollet was considered the biggest and strongest man in the county,' according to the Allen County Directory page 133. Page 126 of same book states, 'Philip Wollett started from Fairfield Co., OH and reached Allen Co. April 8th, 1832. There were then a total of three dwelling houses in Lima, OH. Soloman Wollett married his third wife Sarah Ridenour, who it is claimed, was the first female white child born near the banks of Hog Creek.'

I hope this helps you with some of your search...I am anxious to hear from you if this is the same Philip Wollet your researching. I would be very interested in any information you might have going further back than this.

Kathy

ASnoopy1@netscape.net (last known contact address--bounced on 1/7/01)

Doctor Harter

Terry Snovel (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harter, Dietrich, Mericle, Hummel

I am trying to gather information on my great great grandfather on my paternal side. My father was Dan T. Harter, his grandfather Theodore Harter.

Harter

Kathy Blanca (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Unfortunately, I don't have any information on a Dan
HARTER, however I would be happy to send you what little
info I do have. My Great Great Great Great Grandfather
Frederick Handwerk, married a Maria Catharina Harter.
She was born 25 June 1771 and died in 1838 in Fairfield
Co, OH. Her father was Martin Harter, Jr. b. 1745 and
his father of course was Martin Harter, Sr.

I wish I could help you a little more. Do you know where your Grandfather was from?

Good luck with your research.
Kathy

ASnoopy1@netscape.net (last known contact address--bounced on 1/7/01)

WOLLET, WOOLETT in PA

Susan Henry (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WOOLETT, WOLLET, COOK, HENRY, HUBRECHT, GELHAR, GLASGOW, SIEFERT
I found a family Bible at my father-in-laws. Fly leaf addressed to George Wollet in Bakerstown, PA 11/11/1858.
Back page said (Anna or Arma) Cook Woolett born May 12, 1834, Lincolnshire, England.
Silas C. Woolett is 3 greats grandfather of my husband. Married (unknown) Birth/Death (unknown). Had Minerva C. Woolett born 11/29/1856, died 4/1955. She married Silas C. Henry born 1/9/1859, died 3/28/1943. Had Zeno D. Henry Born 2/3/1889 Died 6/28/1969 Married Bertha C. Hubrecht born 10/16/1898 Died 2/1966. My father-in-law Merton Floyd Henry was their son. I am trying to trace the Henry line in particular. Just starting.

response to Kathy Blanca

Terry Snovel (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harter, Mericle, Dietrich
Kathy, I'd be interested in seeing your information.
Dan Harter was my father, he passed on in 1988. I am looking for my great great grandfather, a Doctor (dentist) in the early 1900's. He was probablly born 1850-1870(?). They were all from Bloomsburg, PA.

This is an area of great interest to me. My father always wanted to know more also. My great grandfather(his grandfather was an illegitimate child). Supposedly Doctor Harter had an affair with his maid. All I know is that her last name was Fausey (not sure of the spelling) and it was a huge family secret.

E-mail me back. We may be related somewhere along the lines.

Tell me more about yourself and your family.

Looking for Herring relatives

Nancy K. Wingert (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Herring, Hering, Horing
I am looking for anyone with the the above spelling of Herring. The last connection I have is Conrad Horing, born about 1745 in Europe, came to Philadelphia from Rotterdam. Died around 1789-1790. Most of the family has lived in or around Schuylkill County Pennsylvania

Looking for my family Crest/Coat of Arms

BGucke8136 (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2004 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Guckenberger
Does anyone know of a place online where I would be able to find my family crest. My last name is of German decent. Anyhelp you could give me in the matter would be great. Thanks for your time.
-Brad

Lynn/Speelman connection

Lynda Speelman Long (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lynn, Speelman

My grandmother was married to a Harry Lynn on May 27, 1908
in Fayette Co. PA This man is a complete mystery as in
my lifetime my grandmother, dad and 2 uncles never used
the name Lynn. I remember being told he drowned when I
questioned my family when I was just a child wondering who
my grandfather was - no other offered information. While I