Search for content in message boards

Geo Lorenzo Gould of NY or Canada

Geo Lorenzo Gould of NY or Canada

Harding for Maw (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 1:12PM GMT
We are searching for any info on George Lorenzo Gould and Charlotte Hensley in early 1800's. Children George,William,Laura, Lucinda, Chester and Sarah all born in NY near Canadian border --Brownsville,Jefferson,NewYork. Have no idea who the parents were of if they lived in Canada and migrated to NY. Can any body shed some light on the ancestors?? Please help me no matter how small the info it will be welcome. Thanks. D.Harding

Gould of N. NY

david (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 1:09PM GMT
My mothers father was one Kendrick Gould 1894, his father was Adin Ransom Gould b 1863 in Phily. NY, His fathewr was Kendrick Gould b 1829 in Phily, NY, his father was Smith Gould no birth and married to Eunice ?. All of them are from NNY, Watertown, jefferson County area. I also have the wives names. Let me know if you have any matches, David.

Re: Gould of N. NY

Elayne G. Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2006 7:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gould,
David, While searching for my 2nd great grandfather, George (Lorenzo?) Gould, I found information on your ancester, Smith Gould, in the 1850 Census of LeRay, Jefferson Co., NY. You may already have this information, but in case you do not, this is what I found: Page 109, Dwelling 37, Family 37, Smith Gould, age 40, m, farmer, valuation 3600, born NY; Kendrick Gould, age 21, m, b. NY; Egbert Gould, age 17, b. NY; Charles Gould, age 11, m, b. NY; Ann Eliza Gould, age 45; f, b. NY; Emily Gould, age 26, f, b. NY; Francis A. Gould, age 4, f, b. NY. I am curious as to where the name Smith originated. My aunt said that we were related to Joseph Smith , the Mormon prophet, but I have been unable to verify it. Joseph Smith had an ancestor named Priscilla Gould, but since I do not have the names of George Gould's parents, I cannot make a connection. If you have any information concerning this, please let me know. I found the 1850 Census information on the Jefferson Co. Historical site called "A little bit of dis and a little bit of date" created by Alice Corbutt. She can be contacted at corbi@a-znet.com. Elayne

Re: Geo Lorenzo Gould of NY or Canada

Elayne G. Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2006 11:36PM GMT
I am a great-great-granddaughter of George (Lorenzo?) Gould through his son, Chester Gould, who married Sarah Amelia Welch. Their son, Ernest Gould, who married Mary Ethel Birks, was my grandfather and their son, Herbert Ray Gould was my father. I have been searching for information on George for several years. He married Charlotte Hensley and they later moved to Buffalo, Wilson Co., Kansas where they died.. Chester and his wife moved to Fremont Co., ID about 1895 and they died there. The birth dates that I have for George is 11 Feb 1809 in New York (city and county unknown) and Charlotte Hensley or Endsley is 24 Aug 1810. I have not found a marriage date for them. I did find him in the 1840 Census of LeRay, Jefferson, New York with 1 male under 5, 1 male age 10-15,1 male age 30=40, 1 female under 5, 1 female age 5-10, and 1 female age 20-30. I have been unable to locate them in the 1850 census and wonder if they may have gone over into Canada. I have deeds from Jefferson Co. NY where George sold property about 1852 (I am not sure of the date because I haven't found where I put them. How are you related to George and Charlotte Hensley Gould? I would lappreciate hearing from you.

JimRoszellUE (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2008 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Goold/Gould/Roszel/Rossel/Rozell
Would this have any thing with a John Goold/Gould being a drover who had five boys that crossed the border many times to the Niagara Area from New York and New Jersey.

ElayneGRoberts37 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2008 2:13AM GMT
I am also searching for George Lorenzo Gould and Charlotte Hensley. They are my 2nd great grandparents. How are you related to them? I have recently been in contact with another relative who lives in kansas not too far from where they lived in Wilson Co. He has sent me information that I did not have. If you would be interested in corresponding with me, I would be happy to send you more information. I do not have any information back further than George and Charlotte. In the 1880 census records in Kansas, she stated that her father was born in Germanky and her mother in Connecticut. That is all I have at this time. Elayne

ElayneGRoberts37 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2008 2:23AM GMT
I don't know if there is any connection with John Goold/Gould as I do not have the names of the parents of George Gould. Did John Goold/Gould have a son named George? Also, when was John Goold/Gould born? Could he have a son George Gould who was born in 1809 somewhere in New York. George was found in the 1840 Census at LeRay, Jefferson Co., New York. I cannot find him in the 1850 Census, although he did sell property in 1852 in Jefferson Co. i wonder if he was in Canada at the time of the 1850 Census. I would appreciate any information you might have. Elayen

JimRoszellUE (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2008 1:52PM GMT
I think there was a George when I read that transcribe many years ago. But I do know there was 5 boys
The George I have was born around 1850 Norfolk Area of Ontario Father was William Hamilton Gould (1812-1881) he married a Nancy (unknown)

Sorry I can't be more help but when I found it was not my line I droped it.

Jim Roszell U.E.

sjgould106 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2009 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Gould
Hi! My name is Sandra Gould Thompson. We have an ancestor born in Canada in 1890 and settling in Jefferson County, NY in 1890. His name was Frank Lorenzo Gould. He was the son of Edward Clavel Gould originally of Worcester, MA who moved to Jefferson County. Lorenzo's mother was Georgina Anne Murray, and so on and so forth. If I can offer more information please feel free to contact me at sjgould106@gmail.com. (You may also be related to Zaccheus Gould, the founder of Topsfield (Ipswich), MA. Hope to hear from you and anyone that could add to my research. Thanks, Sandy Gould Thompson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions