Search for content in message boards

Hughes family-Arkansas

Hughes family-Arkansas

TRCluteGates62 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2009 4:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughes
My grandfather is Cecil Hughes, born 5/22/1924 somewhere in Arkansas. I have no family information. In 1942 he was living in Jackson County Oregon and enlisted in Army for WWII on March 30, 1943. He is my mom's birth father and she got to meet him in 1989 but was not able to gather family history before his death in 2000 in Calaveras County, CA.

Re: Hughes family-Arkansas

MissLata2 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 3:30PM GMT
Hello. Per chance you are interested in a good researcher, I can suggest one.
I understand what the Hughes family did. They took off for out west to California and other points such as Oregon. A lot of folks did from back here searching for work. My daddy's first cousins did that and it was a necessary move to survive.
As far as enlisting, he may have been drafted.
Good luck.
Linda

arkqueen (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2012 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: mathews, hughes, seahorn
I am looking for a good researcher. Do you know of one?

MissLata2 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2012 2:22PM GMT
Write to Mrs. Sherryl Miller, Director, Lonoke County Museum, PO Box 873, Lonoke, Ar. 72086 outlining what you are looking for. She gets a donation for the museum that helps keep the doors open.
You can try calling her at 501-676-6750 on Thurs., Friday or Saturday. Be sure to ask to speak to her.
Or you can try calling 501-676-5818 on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday when she is at the library working in the genealogy room. Speak only to her because while the other ladies are nice, she is the only one that knows what she is talking about or will do the research.
Your best bet is to just write and give her a time to look.
Good luck.
Linda

liroses (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2012 3:08PM GMT
What are you needing??

liroses (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2012 3:20PM GMT
Is this for Arkansas county or Lonoke county? If it is Arkansas county, our genealogy society here also will do some research for you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions