Search for content in message boards

ORPHANS, ST. MARYS HOME, BINGHAMTON

ORPHANS, ST. MARYS HOME, BINGHAMTON

RFN (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2005 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NAYLON
Seeking information and/or descendants, of two orphans at St. Marys Orphans Home in Binghamton in 1920: Alice NAYLON, age 7 and Frank NAYLON, age 11.

Where are the records for this orphanage which apparently was torn down in 1961?

Does anyone know what happened to Alice and Frank NAYLON? Any information deeply appreciated.

Re: ORPHANS, ST. MARYS HOME, BINGHAMTON

joan (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2005 4:48AM GMT
Hi, put the name into google, looks like he might have died.

Joan

ILLSAN (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2008 6:28PM GMT
Surnames: Dunlap, Ralph
I realize this is a old post but I have just started looking for records for my Dad. He was living in Susquehanna Valley Home (then operated by St. Marys home). He was living there in 1928 for awhile. Have not located much other information yet. Any connection that you have found that could assist me?

susan48191 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2008 5:22PM GMT
If you can visit the Broome County Library in Binghamton NY, they have a ledger book from St. Mary's orphan home (not sure if they have one or more Ledger Books), with the names and addresses of children who stayed at the orphan home. I was looking for my daughters grandfather and found that him and his two brothers were placed there in the 1930's because their mother was sick with tuberculosis. For the cost of copies, they will copy pages for you.

Hope this helps.

pqrstny (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2008 1:07AM GMT

frankdukesPI (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2009 8:28PM GMT
There is a listing with Social Security Death Records for Frank Naylon - Date of Birth Nov 13, 1907. Date of Death June 1971. Last residence Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Social Security Number # 164-07-1197. As a Family Member you can order the Social Security Record from the Social security Administration. Also contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics in Philadelphia, Pa. in order to get the death Certificate. The Death Certificate should tell you who actually buried him (next of kin??), the Funeral Parlor, and where he was buried. Also the funeral parlor should have a listing of where any religious services took place (pastor, priest, or minister) should also be listed. Frank.

kstowie (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2011 11:54PM GMT
The Records for St.Mary's home are located in part at the Provincial House in Latham,NY.Also in the archives for the the Sisters of St. Joseph's Syracuse Diocese .

dmjartist (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2011 5:41PM GMT
the book or books can be found ast the binghamton library.you will have to ask for them they are put away and you can't take them out, so go early to go through them. the books on the alms house are their also, the took care of the poor. good luck.

jdsutphen (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2012 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Richmond, Ralph and Ruth
Did you ever find the records for the home from 1900 - 1918

I am looking for Ralph Richmond and his sister, Ruth Richmond
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions