Search for content in message boards

Sinkler/St.Clair Surname

Sinkler/St.Clair Surname

Frank St. Claire (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sinkler, Sinclair, StClair
I am trying to trace the ancestors of Alexander Sinkler, who was born in Glasgow, Scotland circa 1666 and died in Prince William County circa 1743. His wife's name was Mary and she lived circa 1689-1757 and also died in Prince William County. They had 7 children, including Wayman Sinkler (1708-1762). Any information on tracing the Scottish roots would be appreciated.

SINKLER

MikeSanders962 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2005 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: SINKLER, SINCLAIR

I show that both Alexander and Mary died in Prince William county. Do you have any info on Esther Sinclair married to John McNabb (b. 1681-1734) ?

thanks,
Mike Sanders

St. Clair

dostcl (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Grimsley

Thomas St. Clair b. 1762 in Prince William Co. moved to Bedford, then to Breckinridge Co. Ky. His father may be Isaac. Do you think this is the same family? Spellings also Sinkler and Sinclair. Thanks.

Mary Sinclair..Alexander's wife??

EdtheManVA (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: SINCLAIR
Where did you find that Alexander's wife name was Mary?
Alexander Sinclair>John Sinclair>James Sinclair m. Katherine
Holtzclaw>Margaret Sinclair m. Jeremiah Darnall>Margaret
Darnall.........this is my line!!

Mary ?

Posted: 31 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: StClair, Sinclair, Sinkler
I cannot find the source for Mary being the wife of Alexander -- it may have been an error in trascription. (I am pretty new to this)

Most of my info is for Wayman, Alexander's other son.

I would be happy to share any info you may need on that line. I would like to fill out my info on your line John Sinclair (and the 6 other undocumented possible children) if you would not mind sharing it. Thanks!

Frank St. Claire fstclair@airmail.net

Prince William County, Virginia

Re: St. Clair

E St Clair (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2003 9:58PM GMT
I have Isaac / Thomas in my line. Isaac b. Pr Wm Co VA ca.1744, died ca. 1820s. Thomas was oldest with 10 siblings?

Willing to share info.

Re: Sinkler/St.Clair Surname

Elmer St Clair (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2003 10:00PM GMT
Alexander / Wayman I / Robert Sr is my line!!

Have info to share?

Posted: 4 Jun 2003 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: St. Claire/Sinclair/Sinkler
The info I have is mostly from Jean Grigsby's book, which has quite a few pages on Robert Sr. and his descendants. This would be a good starting point if you have not already located it. My line is Wayman (#1)/Robert Sr./John/Paschal/James/Fayette.

Patty Handley (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2006 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: SLINKER/SINCLAIR
Hello, I am Paschal Slinker/Sinclair's great granddaughter, Flossie Edna Slinker is his daughter, which is my grandmother, married Sylvester B. Gibbs. My mother is Dorothy Virginia (Gibbs) Hammak. My Grandma is the daughter of Paschal and Mary Ellen Hicks, his other family between Fanny Curry and the Sinclair clan. I live only 15 minutes away from Princeton and have alot of info on James P and Octavia Slinker and Paschal and Elmina "Fanny" family and my great grandmother Mary Ellen's family. Malcolm Johnson directed me to Paschal's name he used in Princeton. Would like to share more. My dear sweet Pakie or Pappy as my Great-grandmother called him. Left her about 1901 and went back to Fanny, moved to Princeton and changed their name to Sinclair. Have death certificates of both and death file information sheets from Gibson County Depatment of Health.
Liberty Green Slinker and Hester "Esther" Harvey are his parents. Paschal was the only Slinker so far in research that changed his name.
Also, researching Gibbs, Hammack's, Brown's and other relatives conducted to the surnames. Anyone searching those names, I would like to share info from all four family names
Look forward to hearing from others, from both families Slinker and Sinclair's.
Thanks,
Patty Handley
mammawhandley@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions