Search for content in message boards

Obituary lookups

Obituary lookups

real2nurse (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2010 2:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have access to the Galveston County Daily news archives and would be willing to help anyone with lookups in spare time It helps if you have at least a month and year. No charge just enjoy doing it.

Re: Obituary lookups

goodsearch (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2010 4:16AM GMT
Hi there, I have a pdf of The Galveston News from 7/4/1965 (final home edition) which I would like to have a better copy of, especially the topmost photograph of a car accident, which took my grandfathers life.

I found it using newspaper archives through my local library and the photograph is pretty grainy. If you're able to obtain a clearer picture it would mean alot to my family.

Thanks....Claire

real2nurse (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2010 6:20PM GMT
I found the picture that you referred to, I printed it out but it is not very clear, i can tell the car looks upside down , all the other pictures on that page also look grainy. sorry.

Ron_Shoemake (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2011 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
I am trying to obtain the obituary for Laura C. Stewart, died 27 Oct 1987 in Kemah, Galveston County Texas. any assistance is appricated.

real2nurse (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2011 6:15PM GMT
Galveston Daily News on oct,. 29, 1987
Laura Stewart
Galveston- Laura C stewart 90, died Tuesday at St. Marys Hspitital in Galveston
A Memorail Service will be held Friday at Moody House. Arrangements are by Jack Rowe Funeral Home
Born November 15, 1896 Tribbey Oklahonma Mrs Stewart was a
retired pharmacist. She lived in Galveston for four years and was a former League City resident. She wqas a past Matron of the Order of the Eastern Star in Cyril , Okkahoma. A member of the Southern Artist's Association of Hot Springs and past president of the Traditional Art Guild.
Survivors include a son William F Stewart of Kemah and three grandchildren

antiquemll (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2011 7:32PM GMT
I am looking for an obit for William Pinson 15 May 1984 Galveston Co. I find him in TX Death Records but not the SS Index so I can't find his age. This may or may not be the man that I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated! Julie

real2nurse (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2011 9:43PM GMT
I do not find an obituary for William Pinson at any time in 1984. I found a mention of William M. Pinson, jr. in January 12, 1985. He was a guest speaker for Texas State Evangelism Conference that was held January 14, 1985.
I did a lookup for Pinsons still in Galveston and found a William Scott Pinson age 31. Names associated with him are Stephen Franklin Pinson, Scott Pinson, Jess Franklin Pinson and Guadalupe Rivera Pinson... adresses and phone numbers for these people are available for a fee on this web site.

antiquemll (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2011 9:47PM GMT
Thanks for trying. I couldn't even find an SS record for that William Pinson. The one that I am looking for actually lived in Wichita Falls before he entered prison on a murder charge. I was thinking that maybe he was released early and went to Galveston. Since he didn't have an SS record, I thought that maybe he was on the run, which he very well might have been. The William that I am looking for has the middle name of Leon.
I really appreciate all of your help! Julie

grape3vine_1 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2012 10:30AM GMT
I am looking for an obit for my uncle Charles Patrick O. Brien, died Galveston, TX Nov 11, 1960.

His wife Marie Rose died in May 1974, both are buried in Galveston Memorial Park, Hitchcock, TX

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Finally after 40 years of searching.

Thank you for your kindness.
Jean

HL2604 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2012 4:48PM GMT
You're welcome for the directions to this thread! His obit may not provide much personal info? That's 'cause he wed Marie Rose (nee: Puppo) Verkin after the death of her first husband, Louis Max Verkin (1 Sep 1895 - 31 May 1949). Marie's first union produced a stillborn son, Stephan (28 Nov 1926) and daughter, Marie Antoniette (nee: Verkin) Cihlar-Manno (30 Aug 1920 - 24 Jan 2008). There are three births on Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 (http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8781) for parents: Marie Antoniette Verkin/Joe Edward Cihlar. Perhaps one of those descendants has information on their grandmother's second husband?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions