Search for content in message boards

Boyce, Lopey (Lopez), Valvoris (sp?), Hurley, Belgraves, Watson, Gill Families

Boyce, Lopey (Lopez), Valvoris (sp?), Hurley, Belgraves, Watson, Gill Families

Philip Arnell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2003 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boyce, Lopey (Lopez), Valvoris (sp?), Hurley, Belgraves, Watson, Gill Families
Hello to all of my fellow Bajans out there. I am a direct decendant of these large families of Barbados. The Boyce, Lopey (Lopez), Valvoris (sp?), Hurley, Belgraves families of the parish of Boscobelle St. Peter, and the Watson, Gill Families of the area known as "The Risk in St. Lucy". I am compsing a family history log of my family and so far I have been able to go as far back as 500 years for some of them. If you are of any connection to one of these families , please contact me, perhaps we can learn something from each other . Looking forward to hearing from you.

Re: Boyce, Lopey (Lopez), Valvoris (sp?), Hurley, Belgraves, Watson, Gill Families

MTOPPIN24 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2003 6:02AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Boyce, Toppin, Worrell
I am a relative of the Boyce's of Boscobel St. Peter. My grand father's name was Thomas Boyce. He lived in St. Thomas.

Re: Boyce, Lopey (Lopez), Valvoris (sp?), Hurley, Belgraves, Watson, Gill Families

Posted: 29 Apr 2003 12:57PM GMT
Hello Sheila,

It is a pleasure to meet you. I believe we are family, to my knowledge all of the boyces were related, especially in boscobelle, contact me on Arnellp@hotmail.com and we can talk, I look forward to hearing from you. It is always nice to meet one of my own. After so many months, and numerous entries, finally someone replied.

Sheila Forde (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2003 1:33AM GMT
Hello Arnell,
I did get your message and tried to send you an E-mail but your address was not accepted by the computer. I want you to know that my grandfather (Thomas Boyce) lived in the Spring Farm, Porey Spring area of St. Thomas. They are still some Boyce's in that area. As you known many have branch out to many surnames and to different parts of the world. On my side of the family the branches of names are: Forde, Toppin, Holder, Cox, Johnson and Bowman. Other families surnames are: Williams, Campbell, and Worrell. I lives in Boston MA.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Sheila

janetrotman2002 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2003 10:39AM GMT
I dont know if there is a connection but my great grandfathers mothers maiden name was Elizebeth Jane Watson, they lived in Boscobel, St Peter in 1879. I am trying to trace the Emptage family. If you have any info please email me
janetrotman2002@yahoo.com

MTOPPIN24 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 1:49PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Boyce
Hello Jane,
I did get your message and I must say I am sorry it took me so long to reply. I must make a correction to my message. My grandfather's name was Thomas Boyce, his family originated from St. Lucy and also have connections to the Boyce in St. Peter. He settled in St. Thomas (the Spring Farm, Porey Spring area) he had a brother by the name of Joe could be short for Joseph and another whose name was Clarence. Thomas died in 1928. I don't have any information on the family name you are inquiring about. Hope to hear from you soon or anyone out there who can help me.

debracarlisle2 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2003 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2006 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: Skinner, Watson, Archer,
My gr.grandmother was a Josephine Watson, supposedly from Speightstown. Can you elaborate? Thanks.

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 2:14PM GMT
Hi Deborah,

Spightstown is near St. Lucy where the Watson family is, she most likely is related to my great grandfather , his name was Hoffard Watson and he was from England.

Please Reply,
Philip

RHowell00 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2004 5:06AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2004 4:56AM GMT
Surnames: Boyce
I hope that this is still being monitored. I am related to Boyce's from St Peter. My grandfather and great grandfather's names were Richard Allen Boyce.The RA Boyce the older was married to Keturah (do not know her maiden name)and her parents were Phllip Hewett (from Scotland, reportedly and Lucretia Gill.Any relation?

Sheila Forde (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2004 1:53AM GMT
I did receive your message and the names you mention is not familiar to me. My anscentors arrived from St. Lucy. In my research I found my great, great grandmother Kitty Ann Boyce, who was married to Paul Chandler. Her daughter (Frances Ann Boyce) was my great grandmother. Frances son (Thomas Francis Boyce) was my grandfather. I do remember my mother telling me that she was introduced to some of her Boyce family in St. Peter by a family member (Nita Worrell). I will see if I can get any names from her and will post them next week God willing.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions