Search for content in message boards

Johnson Co. Illilnois

Johnson Co. Illilnois

jackie murrie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2010 9:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunsworth, West
I am looking for information on the cause of death for John Dunsworth in 1840, at the age of 40. He was the husband of Mary polly Carter and father to several young children. In 1841, his widow married John West.

Re: Johnson Co. Illilnois

lnk44inash (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2012 3:28AM GMT
Hi! are you Jack Dunsworth's daughter that I met in Scotland several years ago? If not, I too would like to know the cause of death of my gr gr gr-grandfather-John Dunsworth.
Alan Dunsworth
(still in Fayetteville)

jackie murrie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2012 8:26PM GMT
Yes, this is me, Jackie Dunsworth Murrie. I remember meeting you Allan. Hope you are doing well.

I have been trying to find out cause of death for john Dunsworth 1800-1840 also. The only hint I have is finding several other people, distant relatives, in Johnson County who died that fall. Maybe epidemic??
His wife was pregnant with their last child when he died and she married a distant, much younger cousin, John West in early 1841, baby born in March.

Please tell me where you are in our ancestry. Thanks

lnk44inash (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2012 3:19AM GMT
Hi cousin Jackie!!
Good to hear from you...how is your brother? It was so enjoyable to met you all...wish I could have stayed longer to visit. Do you both still live in Scotland?
Well, my "research" is pretty much the same...stuck in neutral, don't know where to look anymore!! Just mainly surf the web to see what's out there. An epidemic seems like a good explanation for all the deaths abt the same time. I'm sure 1840 southern IL was pretty rugged back then. I probably don't know anything on the D's that you don't know already!! Let me know about Mary Jane & let's try to stay somewhat in touch!!
Your cuz,
Alan

tedstout (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2012 4:22AM GMT
Try going to

http://genealogytrails.com/ill/ilstate.htm#epidemics

There was a yellow fever epidemic in 1841.

Ted

lnk44inash (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2012 4:42AM GMT
Thanks for the tip...much appreciated.
Alan D.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions